Trainee Project Controller
Your job during the Financial Traineeship will be Trainee Project Controller. In this role you will be the financial right hand of the Project Manager. This means that you:
- will be responsible for project administration and financial reporting;
- will be involved in tax and contractual matters, treasury and insurance;
- interpret the story behind the figures and that your insights and analyses ensure that the right decisions are taken.
You have two choices within the Financial Traineeship: you can opt for a career in the Netherlands or you can embark on an international adventure.
Trainee Project Controller – Netherlands
If you opt for a domestic career you will be working on the projects of Boskalis Nederland. The colleagues of Boskalis Nederland are responsible for executing impressive infrastructure projects within the Netherlands. These include projects such as the creation of the Marker Wadden bird paradise, the SAAone motorway expansion between Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam and Almere and the realization of the Buitenring Parkstad Limburg ring road project.
Trainee Project Controller – International
If you opt for the international adventure then you will be working on international dredging projects. The world is literally your workplace and you will be working on projects such as the development of the port of Duqm in Oman or the creation of the second artificial island ‘La Pinta’ off the coast of the Punta Pacifica residential area in Panama City.
Good to know: as a Trainee Project Controller on the international dredging projects you will work on location for six weeks at a stretch after which you will have four weeks’ leave.
As a Trainee you are the talent of the future and yes, we expect a lot of you. But we also give you quite a lot in return. For example you can count on:
- An extensive training program aimed at both your professional and personal development. It includes courses on time management, presentation skills and teamwork as well as safety training and job-specific and skills-based training.
- Every six months a new, challenging work environment on a project in the Netherlands or abroad.
- Coaching by experienced professionals and a personal mentor.
Serious responsibility. It might sound like a cliché, but from day one Boskalis really gives you the space to take responsibility.
After the Traineeship
After 18 months we assume that you will choose to stay with Boskalis. You will be placed in the pool of finance professionals who work on Boskalis’ projects in the Netherlands and far beyond. Depending on the size of the project you will work independently or as part of a project team.
The Traineeship starts in September 2018, but the #Boskalisexperience selection-event is planned on 25 May 2018. So block this date in your agenda and apply before 1 May.