Our fleet consists of around 900 vessels and pieces of machinery which, together with our employees, form Boskalis’ capital. Maintenance on the vessels takes place all over the world, because it goes without saying that the vessels must be in good condition at all times. As a Trainee of the Fleet Management track you will play an active part in this. During the 18-month Traineeship you will be involved in the preparation of large and small repairs but will also carry out actual repairs and assist with vessel modifications. Exactly what your time as a Trainee will look like will depend on what repairs need to be carried out. But we can promise you one thing: the equipment you will be working on is impressive and powerful, you’ll learn a lot and always have great stories to tell when you get home!
Kick start your international career
From preparing a project out of our head office in Papendrecht to executing a project on the other side of the world: as a Trainee you will experience it all. The amount of time you will spend abroad varies and will depend on the repair or modification scheduled. Be prepared to work according to a rotation scheme where you will be working for 6 weeks and subsequently you will have 4 weeks of leave.
Are you ready to leave your mark? This is what you need:
- Fully completed a higher vocational education (HBO) or university (WO) degree in Mechanical Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Electromechanics.
- No more than two years of working experience.
- Be available full-time as of the first of September 2020 and have fully completed your education.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Enjoy spending extended periods abroad and wholeheartedly embrace a rotation scheme whereby you work for six weeks and then have four weeks of leave.
Boskalis Traineeship 2020
Interested in the Boskalis Traineeship 2020? Create a job alert and you will receive a message as soon as you can apply.
About the program
Do you want to know more about the Boskalis Traineeship? Please contact Yvette van Leijsen, Campus Recruiter, via +31 (0)78 696 8570 or read more about the Boskalis Traineeship.