All our project involves a tender stage, an engineering stage and an execution stage. In the Operations Track we aim to introduce you to these stages, allowing you to build up a good impression of the Boskalis organization over the 18-month program. Depending on your background and personal preference you will start your Boskalis Traineeship on projects in either the Dredging, Offshore Energy (or both) or Inland Infra division. Regardless of where you end up one thing is for sure: you will always have amazing stories to tell your friends and family.
Kick start your career in the Netherlands
If you opt for a domestic career you will be working on the projects of Boskalis Nederland. The colleagues of Boskalis Nederland are responsible for executing impressive infrastructural projects within the Netherlands. These include projects such as the construction of the climate-neutral motorway N470, reinforcement of the Wadden Sea dike on Texel or the reinforcement over 33 kilometers of dike around the Markermeer lake between the towns of Hoorn and Durgerdam.
You will start your track within the work preparation, operations or the business office.
Kick start your international career
If you opt for the international adventure then you will be working for international dredging and/ or offshore energy projects. The world is literally your workplace and you will be working as a Trainee Superintendent and/ or Trainee Engineer on dredging projects such as the development of the port of Duqm in Oman. And what about an offshore project such as the impressive dual vessel float-over of the Aasta Hansteen. Boskalis played a crucial role in this project with the transportation of the Aasta Hansteen SPAR from South Korea to Norway and the installation of the topside.
Good to know:
- As a Trainee for the dredging projects you will spend most of your time at a project location overseas and as a contractor you will literally have your feet in the clay – or some other type of soil, obviously. You will work on location for six weeks at a stretch after which you will have four weeks of leave.
- As a Trainee for the offshore energy projects a large part of your Traineeship will be spent working out of our head office in Papendrecht during the tender phase or project preparation. However you may also be required to spend frequent short spells abroad. During project execution you will spend a longer consecutive period abroad. So you must be eager to travel!
Are you ready to leave your mark? This is what you need:
- Fully completed a higher vocational education (HBO) or university (WO) degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Maritime Officer, Built Environment, Land and Water Management, Building Science or Management of Technology.
- No more than two years of working experience.
- Be available full-time as of the first of September 2019 and have fully completed your education.
- Fluent in Dutch if you opt for a national career.
- Fluent in English if you opt for an international career and a command of French or Spanish is a major added advantage.
- Willing to work abroad if you want to embrace the international adventure.
Save the date: 5 april 2019
The #experienceboskalis selection-event will take place on April 5th.
About the program
Do you want to know more about the Boskalis Traineeship? Please contact Yvette van Leijsen, Campus Recruiter, via +31 (0)78 696 8570 or read more about the Boskalis Traineeship. Interested in a career in the Netherlands? Please contact Nadine de Waardt, Recruiter, on +31 (0)6 5007 2004.
Apply for the Boskalis Traineeship
Check the vacancy for the Boskalis Traineeship – track Operations and apply via the online application form.