- Offshore Energy
How you can make your mark
Our current AO/IC framework (internal control handbook) needs to be evaluated and you, as a 4th year Finance & Control graduate student, are invited to contribute.
Why the adjustment? The upgrade is needed since we, as Boskalis, increasingly present ourselves as EPCI contractor within the Offshore Energy construction industry. As opposed to an EPC contract, the offshore facility has to be transported and installed at the project location. A handbook to standardize and strengthen the administrative process, comes in handy. This handbook will be the future foundation for multiple projects. A possibility to gain experience in an international environment and kick-start your career at Boskalis.
Your responsibilities as a Finance & Control Graduate Intern:
- Contribute to the growth of Boskalis towards becoming a full-scope transport & installation contractor at the high-end of the offshore energy market by:
- Creating process descriptions;
- Defining key responsibilities (RACI matrix);
- Describing control measures like reports, approval flows, sample testing;
- Setting up Risk & Control matrices.
You can make your mark as Finance if you are/have:
- currently enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s degree program in Finance & Control;
- the ability to combine theoretical knowledge with practical considerations;
- either an energetic person with strong communication skills, excited to explore the unknown and actively obtain new information OR someone with a critical attitude, happy to investigate and apply your analytical skills on existing documents to get to a best practice;
- affinity with Offshore Energy activities;
- a good command of written and spoken English.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides internship compensation you will get a great deal of responsibility and a laptop to use until your graduation. Armed with your OV Student Product, you can access the Boskalis campus by public transport: the waterbus, regional bus or train. If you use the latter, you can hop on the Boskalis van that goes between station Sliedrecht Baanhoek and the Papendrecht campus in the early morning and late afternoon. Furthermore you can easily share a ride with colleagues via the Boskalis Carpool App.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Your team: You will, together with another graduate student, become part of the Finance team within the Offshore Energy department. This is an international team of 30 people (most are men), with about 50% of them having roots in countries outside the Netherlands. Consequentially, English is the main language. Although part of Offshore Energy, you will collaborate closely with Finance colleagues working in the Corporate Support department.
- Where you will work: You will carry out your graduate assignment working at the Boskalis head office in Papendrecht, dividing your time working from the Offshore Energy and Corporate Support department.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of function is a fulltime (40 hours a week) hours a week.
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of graduate intern. Please contact Yvette van Leijsen, Campus Recruiter via +31 786968570.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Status: < first interviews are taking place >
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.