Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
Did you know one thing for sure as a student: after graduation I want to work on leading dredging, offshore energy or infrastructural projects using impressive equipment? Are you a real go-getter who literally want to create new horizons? Are you full of energy and ready to spend 18 months working with us to invest as much as you can in yourself? Then apply now for the track Operations of the Boskalis Traineeship!
You have two choices: you can opt for a career in the Netherlands or you can embark on an international career. Depending on your background and personal preference you will start your Boskalis Traineeship on projects in either the Dredging, Offshore Energy (or both) or Inland Infra division.
The colleagues of Boskalis Nederland are responsible for executing impressive infrastructural projects within the Netherlands. These include projects such as the construction of bird paradise Marker Wadden, coastal development of the Hondsbossche & Pettemer sea defense, the enlargement of the A1/A6 from the Diemen intersection to Almere or the construction of the climate-neutral motorway N470.
You will start your track within the work preparation, operations or the business office.
Offshore Energy projects
If you opt to start your first assignment at the Offshore Energy division you will be part of the tendering/engineering phase or operational phase of a project such as the impressive dual vessel float-over of the Aasta Hansteen, the Veja Mate offshore wind farm installation or the decommissioning of oil & gas platforms in the Northsea.
In the tendering and engineering phase you will be involved with translating client requirements to optimal economic proposals and technical designs and work methods or you ensure that the proposed solution is competitive and engineering is fit for purpose and completed within the given timeframe.
- You will be working out of our head office in Papendrecht and you may be required to spend frequent short spells abroad.
During the operational phase of a project you will work closely with our offshore assets like the semi-submersible heavy transport vessel Vanguard, heavy lift crane vessels Bokalift 1 and Asian Hercules 3, or cable-laying vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance.
- You will spend longer consecutive periods abroad.
If you opt to start your first assignment at the Dredging division there is a good chance that within a month of starting you will be flying out to work on a multidisciplinary project such as the development of the port of Duqm in Oman. Boskalis is responsible for a range of dredging and civil engineering works on this project, including increasing the depth of the port basin to 18 meters, land reclamation, the construction of a one-kilometer long quay wall, two jetties and rock work.
- You will work on location for six weeks at a stretch after which you will have four weeks of leave.
- At least one of the three assignments will be in Papendrecht to prepare a project out of our head office.
Are you ready to leave your mark? This is what you need:
- Fully completed a higher vocational education (HBO) or university (WO) degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Maritime Officer, Built Environment, Land and Water Management, Building Science or Management of Technology.
- No more than two years of working experience.
- Be available full-time as of the first of September 2019 and have fully completed your education.
- Fluent in Dutch if you opt for a national career.
- Fluent in English if you opt for an international career and a command of French or Spanish is a major added advantage.
- Willing to work abroad if you want to embrace the international adventure.
Lots of impact on megatrends and lots of growth opportunities. That’s what the Boskalis Traineeship is all about. The Traineeship lasts a total of 18 months during which you will complete three different challenging international and/ or national assignments, tailored to your study and background. It goes without saying that the international assignments can be everywhere in the world!
Visit this page for more information about the Boskalis Traineeship.
- Apply before February 24th by using the online application form. After your application you will receive an online questionnaire to elucidate your motivation for the Boskalis Traineeship.
- After February 24th we assess your application based on your CV and motivation.
- If there is a possible match between you and Boskalis you will be invited for a 30 minute phone interview.
On Friday April 5th the #Boskalisexperience selection event will take place. So block this date in your agenda now!
Want to know more?
Do you want to know more about the Boskalis Traineeship? Please contact Jonas Dijkstra, Recruiter a.i., via +31 (0)6 1145 9330. Interested in a career in the Netherlands? Please contact Nadine de Waardt, Recruiter, on +31 (0)6 5007 2004.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.