Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- Offshore Energy
Do you have a marine/ offshore network in Aberdeen Area and are you looking for a dynamic working environment in which you are challenged every day to do better than you did the day before? Do you want to have a broader scope of work and would like to help further extend the position of Boskalis Marine Services internationally? Then it’s time to come and talk to us about working as a Commercial Manager in our Aberdeen office.
As Commercial Manager you are responsible for all commercial activities for our Offshore Marine Services team. Your work consists of chartering out the anchor handling tugs, long distance towing tugs, construction support vessels, barges and sheerlegs owned and operated by Boskalis Marine Services and selling projects where Boskalis performs F(P)SO Hook up operations, mooring chain installation, Ploughing and backfilling operations etc. Utilizing multiple assets. In doing so, maintaining and expanding existing relationships and entering into new relationships and markets is a big part of your daily activities. You report to the region Director Europe and Russia within Boskalis Marine services. At Boskalis, there are sufficient opportunities in the future to grow into another challenging job.
As a Commercial Manager you establish and maintain relationships with present and future clients such as contractors, brokers and operators in the marine/ offshore and oil & gas industry. You will have a broad scope of work and will definitely not be a one-trick pony, as you will develop business and close the deals yourself, partly supported by our legal and tender organization. Your main challenge will be pro-actively monitoring of opportunities in the FPSO market, Drilling market, T&I market and in the renewable market and acquire new contracts with an acceptable risk profile in order to achieve the business and financial objectives of Boskalis Marine Services. You operate in a highly dynamic ‘spot market’ with short horizons which requires a very pro-active attitude. Further you have the following main responsibilities:
- Negotiating and closing contracts in accordance with commercial and legal procedures and guidelines;
- Negotiating and closing contracts in accordance with commercial and legal procedures and guidelines in order to meet the targets for Boskalis Marines Services;
- Maintaining relationships with clients and other relevant parties through regular communication in order to promote Boskalis’ services, spot opportunities and optimize client satisfaction;
- Monitor and follow up on commercial opportunities within the market;
- Draft & Coordinate pre-qualification documents and commercial proposals;
- Participate in and support the tender team;
- Ensuring commercial information data input on inquiries, contracts, visit reports, competitive information and client information in relevant databases to provide input for the sales plan and to increase sales potential;
- Exchange relevant information within Boskalis Marine Services and with other departments of Boskalis;
- Supporting commercial management of projects by monitoring the agreed budget, timely identifying risks and deviations and identifying opportunities to optimize the financial result.
You are the Commercial Manager we are looking for if you:
- have proven higher professional ability in a technical or maritime field, supplemented with additional experience in commerce and/ or economics;
- have experience in offshore and/or marine transport operations, is an advantage;
- have at least 5 years of relevant experience in a sales/commercial position in a complex and international working environment, preferably in chartering of units for the Marine sector;
- have an existing network in the offshore energy industry (marine transport, oil & gas, renewables) in the Aberdeen Area;
- are willing to travel frequently;
- have extensive acquisition and negotiation skills;
- have an excellent command of English;
- recognize the following characteristics: result-focused, cultural sensitive, comfortable in dynamic environment, precise, client-focused and pro-active;
The job of Commercial Manager is a full-time job (40 hours). You will be located in the office of Boskalis in Aberdeen, Scotland. International travel is a substantial part of this position.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.