Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- Offshore Energy
Do you want to give your career a boost by taking up a new challenge? Are you looking for a dynamic working environment in which you are challenged every day to do better than you did the day before? Do you want to work with your colleagues to further extend the position of Boskalis Subsea in the UK ? Then it’s time to come and talk to us about working as a Commercial Manager.
Boskalis Subsea Services is specialized in turn-key Inspection, Repair and Maintenance projects with our “high end” DP Diving Support Vessels, Divers and ROV systems. We work for the Oil majors and Contractors across the globe, making sure the offshore platforms are inspected regularly and new subsea infrastructure is being installed or existing structures are being decommissioned and removed. To further extend our position in Europe we are looking for a Commercial Manager who will be responsible for acquisition of contracts and new business in the United Kingdom.
As a Commercial Manager you establish and maintain relationships with present and future clients. Your main challenge will be pro-actively monitoring of opportunities in the Subsea IRM, light construction, SURF and subsea decommissioning market and acquire new contracts with an acceptable risk profile to achieve the business and financial objectives of Boskalis Subsea Services. You operate in a highly dynamic ‘spot market’ with short horizons which requires a very pro-active attitude. Further you have the following main responsibilities:
- Negotiating and closing contracts in accordance with commercial and legal procedures and guidelines to meet the targets for Boskalis Subsea Services.
- Maintaining relationships with clients and other relevant parties through regular communication to promote Boskalis' services, spot opportunities and optimize client satisfaction.
- Monitor and follow up on commercial opportunities within the market.
- Draft & Coordinate pre-qualification documents and commercial proposals
- Participate in and support the tender team
- Ensuring commercial information data input on inquiries, contracts, visit reports, competitive information and client information in relevant databases to provide input for the sales plan and to increase sales potential.
- Exchange relevant information within Boskalis Subsea Services and with other departments of Boskalis.
- Supporting commercial management of projects by monitoring the agreed budget, timely identifying risks and deviations and identifying opportunities to optimize the financial result.
You are the Commercial Manager we are looking for if you:
- have proven higher professional ability in a technical or maritime field, supplemented with additional experience in commerce and/ or economics;
- have experience in offshore and/or subsea operations; with an existing network in the UK/Aberdeen
- have at least 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in a sales/commercial position in a complex and international working environment;
- have an existing network in the UK oil & gas subsea industry;
- are willing to travel;
- have extensive acquisition and negotiation skills;
- have an excellent command of English;
- recognize the following characteristics: result-focused, cultural sensitive, comfortable in dynamic environment, precise, client-focused and pro-active.
The job of Commercial Manager is a full-time job (40 hours). You will be located in the Aberdeen office of Boskalis in Scotland.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.