How you can make your mark
Are you a Lead project Buyer and do you have over 7 years’ experience within an international procurement project environment? Are you ready to take the next step in your career and are you looking for a working environment in which you are challenged every day to do better than you did the day before? Then it’s time to come and talk to us about working as a Lead project Buyer at Boskalis.
As Lead project Buyer you will be responsible for the entire procurement process for the purchase of equipment, materials and services, within an acceptable timeframe and against the optimum market conditions. You will take the lead in composing, implementing and managing market, product group and/ or supplier strategies. An active contribution to the agreed company and department objectives is expected and as a Lead project Buyer you will represent the Procurement Department in several project teams. You will report on a project base to the Project Managers and on all other matters to the Head of Procurement. Your average working week as a Lead project Buyer will involve:
- Specifying of cost for goods and services;
- Daily management of the procurement team;
- Cross functional specifying composing proposal budgets, conditions and planning;
- Selecting suppliers based on solid bid evaluations and advising project teams creating commercial bid comparisons;
- Cross functional development of contracts;
- Project close out evaluation of suppliers.
To be a successful Lead project Buyer you will need the required knowledge and experience:
- You have at least 7 years of experience as a Lead / Senior project Buyer in an international procurement project environment;
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in a technical subject and Nevi I or II is an advantage;
- You have no objections in travelling when needed (probably a few times per year);
- You have gained broad procurement experience, within the field of offshore and EPC experience;
- Your negotiation skills are well developed;
- The following characteristics apply to you: flexibility-result-focused, analytical, client-focused, easy adapting to changing environments and pro-active. You are also extremely well suited to a complex and dynamic work environment;
- You have demonstrable management experience in a project organization;
- You are accurate and constantly alert to improving insights, processes and procedures;
- And, last but not least: you have a good command of English (written and spoken).
The job of Lead project Buyer is a full-time job (40 hours).
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.