Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- Offshore Energy
Are you a technical specialist? Do you like a job with a lot of responsibility and you get enthusiastic when you contribute to a complex project? When you also bring experience in the field of: dynamic positioning, ship motions, mooring calculations, hydrodynamic loads, then it’s time to consider the function of Marine Engineer!
You will not be surprised that such projects require a lot of preparation time. In the role of Marine Engineer you are involved from the tender phase to the execution phase. As soon as a decision has been taken on the working method, both commercially and technically, you will focus on delivering detailed results according to set standards and objectives.
What makes the role of Marine Engineer at Boskalis impressive? Due to diversity of our services, you work on various international and 'one of a kind' projects in which you are involved from start to finish! For example, the impressive dual vessel float-over from the Aasta Hansteen. Boskalis has played a crucial role in this project for the transport of the Aasta Hansteen SPAR from South Korea to Norway and the installation of the topside. By transporting the largest and heaviest ever SPAR and the largest catamaran topside float-over with an input of over 100,000 working hours without interruption, Boskalis has broken several engineering records. Or how about a project such as the Veja Mate offshore wind farm. For this wind farm in the German part of the North Sea, Boskalis was responsible for designing, purchasing, manufacturing, supplying, transporting, installing and testing 67 wind turbine foundations.
For the position of Marine Engineer we require the following:
- A bachelor or master degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or Civil Engineering with a master in Offshore Engineering;
- Some years of relevant working experience;
- Strong communication skills, both in English and Dutch.
- You dare to be critical and take the lead in complicated conversations;
- Experience with relevant software such as: Orcaflex, ANSYS (-AQWA), OPTIMOOR, MATLAB, Python, etc., is preferred;
- Perseverance, you work effectively after a setback or disappointment;
- Creativity, you are able to think out of the box and act accordingly;
- A pragmatic attitude, you are accurate and result driven.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.