- Offshore Energy
Currently the repair department has a vacancy for a Project Manager Repairs. The candidate we are seeking would ideally have a background in operations and maintenance of offshore wind farms or a strong technical background in HV terminations and testing. You will have already experienced a role which involves leadership and coordination of projects as well as some budget responsibilities.
In the role of Project Manager Repairs, you will manage and have ultimate responsibility for the successful completion of the project. You will do so according to company guidelines and contract requirements in a safe, healthy, environmental friendly and efficient way within time and budget.
Repair projects often take place within a live wind farm environment utilizing one of our main vessels or barges. Therefore in order to fulfill this position you have to be able to travel. Probably you will travel 2-3 times per year for a period of approximately 2 weeks in a row, thereafter you will be on leave for a short period and will return once again to finish the (repair) project. You will manage the team members within the project, while also managing the relation with the client. You will be required to work in an office based environment as well as a key role with the project execution at the site base.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing project budget and risks to achieve optimal profit margin;
- Conducting problem analyses and generating creative solutions for project plans and translating project plan into operational plan;
- Support development of our safety culture;
- Managing and appraising performance of project team;
- Ensuring optimum client relations and creating commercial opportunities;
- Drafting of reports: progress and project close-out for company and client;
- Contributing to the development, implementation and maintenance of departmental policies, procedures, Frameworks and processes;
- Contributing to the tendering process regarding project management, HV and operation specific aspect.
You have some knowledge about working in a marine environment, tides, waves and currents as well as the impact of the weather on the execution phase of a project. You have knowledge of HV systems (T&T) and or operations and maintenance. You take pleasure in combining strategic and practical solutions. You are able to easily deal with the occasional stress of assignments and stay client-oriented under pressure: you always want to achieve the best result.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an offshore, maritime or civil environment in multidisciplinary project management;
- HV or O&M background
- Very good command of English, both written and spoken;
- Willing to travel, but also willing to stay abroad during the execution phase of the project (currently in the European region but expected to expand worldwide);
- Motivated and eager to use your skills in this role;
- Good computing skills.
- Being part of a professional team and multidisciplinary projects;
- Numerous personal development opportunities within Boskalis Subsea Cables & Flexibles and parent company Boskalis;
- Work in an organisation in full development where you can contribute to the growth;
- Competitive benefits package.
The job Project Manager Repairs is a full-time job (40 hours/week). On a day-to-day basis you will report to the Manager Operations.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.