Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- Offshore Energy
Working for Boskalis Subsea Cables & Flexibles is more than just having an interesting job. It's about joining a highly skilled team of ambitious professionals who demand the best of themselves and others. It's about thriving in a challenging and stimulating work environment in a results-driven culture. It's also about joining Europe's market leader in subsea cabling.
For our Engineering Department we are currently looking for a Senior Project Engineer.
In this role your main responsibility is that all engineering is fit for purpose and completed within the given timeframe. During project preparation you make sure any interface between engineering, operations and QHSE is covered. During project execution you assist either on the vessel or on the site office. You will lead teams of 3-6 engineers during the complete engineering cycle for medium to complex projects, including management of medium to large subcontracts. In leading your team – you are also coaching your peers where and when required and actively support them in achieving their potential, in close cooperation with the department head.
During the project you will structure, plan and budget the (project) engineering work and inform relevant stakeholders on time. You distribute the work amongst the project engineers and monitor the work taking into account the capabilities and ambitions of each team member. You will be responsible for translating client requirements to an optimal economic and technical design and work method. You are well informed about the contract agreements with the customer and you know the project management procedures and rules of Boskalis Subsea Cables & Flexibles. You will take these into account in carrying out your duties and documenting project information. You will provide support and advise to the Project Manager and department head with regards to project engineering issues and resources during all phases of the project.
Boskalis Subsea Cables & Flexibles is specialized in the installation and burial of subsea power cables, Balance of Plant maintenance contracts for the renewables market, umbilical/flowline installation for the oil & gas market and the installation of interconnectors. We provide added value with our robust end-to-end project management and multidisciplinary grid-to-grid solutions.
Wie jij bent
- Higher Professional Education (Bachelor) in a technical discipline;
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in an offshore (oil and gas and/or renewables) and/or maritime environment;
- Advanced knowledge of ICT office- and planning applications and basic knowledge of drafting applications;
- Good communication skills and a good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken;
- You are motivated and eager to develop your skills in this role;
- You show leadership, are a team player, pro-active and have a hands-on mentality.
- Being part of a professional project team;
- Numerous personal development opportunities within Boskalis Subsea Cables & Flexibles and parent company Boskalis;
- Work in an organisation in full development where you can contribute to the growth;
- Competitive benefits package.
The job of Senior Project Engineer is a full-time job (40 hours/week). On a day-to-day basis you will report to the project or tender manager, hierarchically you will report to the Project Engineering manager.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.