Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- Offshore Energy
Are you an experienced technical expert who wants to be involved in high-quality subsea projects around the world, working with state-of-the-art equipment? All at a company that is experiencing rapid international growth and is therefore able to offer you plenty of future career opportunities? And are you someone who is very good at working independently but is also able to work as part of a team to make projects a success? Then it’s time to apply for the job of Senior Project Engineer at Boskalis Subsea Services!
As a Senior Project Engineer you will spend around 30 per cent of your time working offshore at a project site, in many cases in another country. The rest of the time you will work out of the Subsea Services office in Aberdeen and Papendrecht. The Subsea Services business unit is part of the Offshore Energy division of Boskalis. Subsea Services specializes in the inspection, repair and maintenance (IRM) of subsea infrastructures, as well as construction and decommissioning services. The business unit is growing fast, partly due to acquisitions, and invests heavily in the development of new materials and techniques. As a Senior Project Engineer you will support the Project Manager in the preparation and execution of complex subsea projects. In addition you will be responsible for subprojects, particularly for clients in the sustainable energy, oil & gas and civil engineering markets.
The job of Senior Project Engineer is broad and very varied. But in an average working week your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Helping to ensure that all projects are delivered in compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements, internal guidelines, technical capabilities and according to the client’s wishes.
- Developing project procedures in the preparation phase of a project.
- Assessing project progress and results based on agreed specifications and budgets. Advising on this where necessary.
- Recording the entire process in clear reports and reviews.
- Providing on-site assistance during the execution phase.
- Advising on staffing and acting as on-board point of contact for the client.
You are a technical expert with a natural inclination to work systematically and independently. You find it easy to switch between various internal and external parties and are willing to give more than 100 per cent to ensure that engineering projects are delivered on time and in accordance with the agreed specifications for quality and budget. Furthermore you see it as a great adventure to regularly spend time at project sites (abroad) and enjoy working in the maritime sector. In addition you will have:
- A higher vocational education (HBO) degree in Naval Architecture, Maritime Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering;
- A minimum of around five years’ relevant work experience in projects;
- Knowledge of ROV's and diving(systems);
- Experience in working with Windows, Office and drawing and planning software;
- Excellent communication skills in English.
The job of Senior Project Engineer is a full-time position (40 hours a week). You will be part of an enthusiastic team of professionals, which is set to expand to a total of around 10 Project Managers and 20 Project Engineers in the coming period. In everyday practice you will report to the Project Manager.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.