Do you have at least three years of experience working as a Superintendent or similar? Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Are you not prepared to settle for just any job and do you want to be challenged on a daily basis to work more sustainably, more efficiently and more effectively? Are you looking for a company that puts building with nature high on the agenda? And are you keen on traveling? Then we’d like to get to know you better.
Boskalis is known for its involvement in high-profile international projects and as a Superintendent you will play an important part in the preparation and execution of such projects. A good example of such a high-profile project is the expansion of the Suez Canal. In just nine months we, along with our partners, moved 220 million cubic meters of sand. An incredible achievement that would not have been possible without our Superintendent.
As a Superintendent you will work with the project team out of the head office in Papendrecht or from the project site to make the necessary preparations for a project to actually commence. During the execution phase you as a Superintendent will be responsible for supervising and managing the project work and ensuring that high-quality work is delivered on time. This means that your responsibilities will include:
- Translating project planning into detailed planning and working methods so that the project can be realized efficiently and effectively in accordance with the contractual agreements (quality, planning and budget);
- Consulting with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the right working methods, employees and equipment are available when needed;
- Identifying and reporting any deviations from the contract and taking appropriate action;
- Taking a coaching approach to instructing and motivating project staff, crew members and sub-contractors;
- Building a quality relationship with the client;
- Providing daily and weekly progress reports on the project.
If the following profile sounds like you then you’re the Superintendent we’re looking for.
- You have a qualification in Civil Engineering at intermediate or higher vocational education (MBO or HBO) level.
- You have at least three years of experience working as a Superintendent, Work Planner or in a comparable role.
- You have a good command of English and at least one other language like French, Spanish, Italian or Portuguese.
- You have no problem working abroad based on an six weeks on, four weeks off rota.
- You preferably have knowledge of dredging industry techniques and working methods.
As a Superintendent you will be employed in the international pool of Boskalis. Specifically this means that you will be sent out from your country of residence to one of our international projects.
You are kindly requested to submit your resume and cover letter in English.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.