Status of the vacancy
Even if we are already having interviews, your application is still more than welcome.
- Offshore Energy
Do you have two to three years’ experience as a Superintendent or in a comparable role in the offshore or dredging sectors? Are you ready to take the next step in your career but is a standard job not your preferred option? Are you looking for prestigious and challenging offshore projects? Then the Boskalis Offshore Energy division would like to get to know you better!
The offshore intervention projects executed by Boskalis are focused on the development, construction, maintenance and dismantling of oil and LNG import/export facilities, offshore platforms, pipelines and cables and offshore wind farms. As Superintendent you will play an important part in realizing these projects.
You will be given the opportunity to work with the project team to design offshore projects of varying size and complexity within the Installation & Intervention unit of Boskalis Offshore Energy. Projects relevant to you as Superintendent will include for example, dredging works at landfalls and the construction of offshore wind farms and the installation of offshore cables and pipelines.
As Superintendent you will work with the project team on all the preparations needed before a project can be launched. During the execution stage you will be responsible for supervising and managing the work on the project to ensure that the work is completed on time and to a high standard of quality. Your responsibilities will include:
- translating project plans into a detailed schedule and working methods so that the project can be realized efficiently and effectively in accordance with the contractual agreements (safety, quality, planning and budget);
- consulting with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the right working methods, employees and equipment are available when they are needed;
- identifying and reporting deviations in the contract and taking appropriate measures;
- adopting a coaching style of approaching, instructing and motivating project staff, crew members and subcontractors;
- building and maintaining an excellent relationship with the client;
- providing daily and weekly progress reports on the project.
A pragmatic and solution-oriented approach to work with an eye to safety and quality is right up your street. In the role of Superintendent Offshore Operations, you will be able to rely on your technical affinity and experience to make a stable contribution to our offshore intervention projects under all kinds of different circumstances. You understand the dynamics of the contracting world and because of this, you are a team player who finds it easy to switch between the client, the crew of a vessel, external stakeholders and colleagues at head office. In addition, you will have:
- a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, preferably civil engineering, maritime engineering or mechanical engineering;
- at least three years of work experience in an international, dynamic project environment;
- experience with civil engineering and/or dredging working methods and international contracting projects;
- in addition to Dutch a perfect command of written and spoken English;
- open to working abroad on a regular basis.
Boskalis has more than 100 years worldwide experience with seabed interventions. Presently operating a fleet of over 900 vessels. Boskalis Seabed Intervention, is a business unit specialized in pre-sweeping, trenching and backfilling of offshore pipelines and cables, including all related landfall operations. We operate for this business unit special rock installation vessels for works up to 1000 metres water depth. All works are executed with in-house personnel and assets.
The job of Superintendent is a full-time position. Part of the time you will be based at the head office in Papendrecht but working abroad are is the main part of the job.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.