- Offshore Energy
- Fleet management
How you can make your mark
Do you have a Marine/ Offshore heart and would you like to be in control of the planning and coordination of training and certificates for our crew? As a Training coordinator you have a very diverse role in which you are exposed to a lot of interaction with our crew on our vessels. You work closely with our crewing coordinators and support them in crewing a vessel with the right and qualified crew. This role is a unique stepping stone towards a position as a Crewing Coordinator.
It involves a full-time position based in Papendrecht, however we also have an office in Antwerp from which you will work 1 day a week.
As a training coordinator, you are part of our Offshore and Energy Crewing team of the Fleet Management department. You are a well known and respected contact for the seagoing crewmembers. You keep track of the required documents and competences. You arrange training for crewmembers on request of the Crew coordinator or employee ( approved by the crew coordinator), and also keep track of the (individual) training budget(s). Besides this you create (and update) a training calendar and also make appointments for medicals (on request of the employees).
Other tasks involve:
- Seacrew check on the validity of documents, per person, per group, per vessel type or per document type;
- Request of Flag state papers, endorsements and seaman books;
- Budget and administrate training costs and invoices via Bass ware or SAP;
- Assist crew coordinators with:
o Visa requests;
o Competency Management;
o Implementation of SMMS;
o Other daily issues.
- You will be a great fit for this position if you match the criteria below:
- You are a pragmatic and result-driven team player and operate on a Bachelor level. Preferably you have a marine/ offshore or HR background.
- 2-5 years of working experience in a coordinating/supporting role or similar role in crewing (inland shipping or offshore).
- Good communication skills combined with an excellent command of the English language.
- Well known with Microsoft Office, and preferably also with Seacrew, SAP & Bass ware.
This role is a unique stepping stone towards a position as a Crewing Coordinator. If you are open to this, this could be your next role after 2-3 years as a training coordinator.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.