How you can make your mark
Make your mark as an ISM Compliance/ SHEQ Engineer for the Boskalis Offshore Energy Fleet Management Department. Safety is a highly valued priority and it is our task to further improve our safety culture and reach our goal of an incident-free working environment. Our NINA “No Injuries, No Accidents” safety program sets clear standards and explains what we expect from our people with regard to their safety behavior.
As ISM Compliance/ SHEQ Engineer it is your role to promote the awareness and understanding of safety policies and NINA values within the Offshore Fleet Management organization, ashore as well as onboard. You aim to do this by teaming up with your colleagues throughout Boskalis: you do this together. Next to that, you ensure that the requirements described in the ISM (International Safety Management), ISPS (International Ship and Port Facility Security) code and Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) are introduced and maintained correctly.
Your responsibilities as an ISM Compliance/ SHEQ Engineer:
- Conduct 1st and 2nd party audits
- Process flag administrations & coordinate corresponding international rules & regulations and industry requirements (Cyprus, UK, Malta, Germany, Marshal Islands, Belgium, Singapore, Panama, IMCA, OCIMF, IOGP)
- Improve existing procedures and procedures and develop new ones by taking into account legislation and company requirements and needs.
- Provide advice to ensure & verify that SHEQ requirements are understood and put into practice correctly at all levels within the organization (office as well as on the vessels)
- Provide reports on the performance of the fleet management system by collecting, recording and evaluating records, reviewing existing procedures as part of the system improvement feedback cycle
- Facilitate the root cause analysis of findings, near misses and accidents & conduct incident investigations. Develop relevant material and facilitate activities to raise awareness and prevent reoccurrence.
- Facilitate the conduction of Ship to Shore exercises. Review Security Assessments
- Ambassador and facilitator of NINA and the WoW. Ambassador and facilitator of Ship Management Systems and tools.
To make your mark as an ISM Compliance/ SHEQ Engineer you have:
- Organizational and planning skills with focus on aligning expectations of several internal stakeholders
- Openness, transparency, resilience, integrity
- No problem with occasional travel.
- A bachelor’s level degree in a maritime-, nautical- or technical discipline
- At least 3 years of work experience in Safety Management activities & auditing. Experience in the maritime industry is a strong plus
- Strong planning & organization skills and the ability to perform under pressure
- Knowledge of management standards such as ISM-code, ISPS-code and maritime legislation such as SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, MLC and pattern of application via the legislation of various flag states.
- Knowledge of OVMSA, OVID, IMCA/IOGPor TMSA standard is a plus
- A good command of written and spoken English language (understanding of the Dutch language is a strongly preferred)
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement, non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Three lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, ranging from an online Pub Quiz and a virtual vessel visit, to sport sessions like Yoga and Bootcamp.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your online onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis!
- Your team: You will be part of Offshore Energy Fleet Management Department. In the position of ISM SHEQ Engineer you are in touch with people throughout the whole Offshore Energy division, both crew and staff
- Where you will work: You are based at our campus in Papendrecht, however frequently visiting the crew on the vessels, is part of the job. In consultation with your manager and your team working partly from home is a possibility.
- Fulltime-/ Parttime job: The position of ISM Compliance / SHE-Q Engineer is fulltime (40 hours per week).
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of ISM Compliance / SHE-Q Engineer. Please contact Emilie Stratenus, Recruiter via +31 6 11 38 02 35.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.