How you can make your mark
Make your mark as superintendent at Boskalis! In the role of superintendent you often workunder the general direction of the works manager or project manager). You manage and supervise the execution, according to the contract, of projects or parts of projects, and if needed you occasionally stand in for the works manager or project manager during their absence. You are responsible for the daily progress reporting and you are good in maintaining a good relationship with client representatives, authority and warranty surveyors.
As Superintendent you are responsible for:
- Implement a safety, health and environment plan for their part of the project; offer suggestions for the QA plan.
- Carry out on-stie preparations for the project to be performed: mobilization, installation and demobilization.
- Create and follow detailed planning derived from the project planning, monitoring the work for (let op bullit)efficient and effective execution, taking into account quality, cost and budget.
- Indicate and report deviations with respect to the contract.
- Manage, instruct and motivate Boskalis' and subcontractors' teams of workers and vessel crews.
You can make your mark as Superintendent if you can meet the below requirements:
- A minimum bachelor or MBO; (post-secondary vocational education) degree in either a technical or nautical field.
- At least 5-7 years’ relevant experience in a dredging, maritime and/or offshore (oil and gas and/or renewables) environment (this is a necessity).
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- You have a driving license.
- No problem travelling globally on a regular basis.
- No problem working on a location for 6 weeks at a stretch after which you will have 4 weeks of leave.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance.,
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Your team: You are part of our Dredging pool operations which consists of approximately 200 professionals. When you work on a project you can count on support of our planning & development team located at the home office at Papendrecht.
- Where you will work: As superintendent you will work both on-shore and off-shore, with a rotation of 6 on and 4 weeks of leave.
- Fulltime position: The position of superintendent is a fulltime position (40 hours a week, mainly working outside the Netherlands).
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Dredging is one of our traditional core activities. Boskalis is famous for projects like the expansion of the Suez Canal and the extension of the Maasvlakte at the Port of Rotterdam. Creation of new nature areas like the Markerwadden is something we contribute to. Combining our state-of-the-art fleet, equipment and incredible manpower, we’re able to achieve projects that no one believed were even possible.
Want to know more?
We’ll be happy to answer your questions about the position of superintendent. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, senior corporate recruiter via +31 (0)78 6969973.
Interested? Please apply via our website online.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.