How you can make your mark
Make your mark as Junior Project Accountant at Boskalis! Our business units are working as main contractors, for large Tier 1 windfarm developers, with contracts from EUR 30 mln to over EUR 500 mln. In the role of Project Accountant you are responsible for timely and correct accounting of these administrations, and you will be heavily involved in month-end closing process.
Your responsibilities as a junior project accountant
- Ensure the financial project administrations are up to date and compliant with the companies accounting procedures in consultation with the Financial Shared Service Centre and Project Controllers.
- Support Project Controllers on day to day financial matters and the month-end closing process.
- Prepare and post journal entries on request of Project Controller in the accounting system.
Your qualities and experience
You can move ahead as junior project accountant if you have:
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in a similar function.
- Secondary Vocational Education (+) or Higher Professional Education.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and basic knowledge of accounting processes and procedures.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance and travel allowance.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: you will work in a team of 15 enthousiatic Finance professionals within the Subsea Cables division.
- Where you will work: For office-based roles, in consultation with your manager and your team, you work partly at home and partly in the office.
- Full/part-time job: The position of junior project accounant is a parttime (24 hours a week) or full-time (40 hours a week)job.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
Want to know more?
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of junior project accountant. Please contact Sinta de Gruijter, corporate recruiter via +31 6 50 18 53 56.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your motivation letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.