How you can make your mark
Make your mark as Deputy Manager Operations.
In this role you will assist the Manager Operations, taking the lead in the operational coordination of the business Unit. You are responsible for the operations of our main installation vessels Bokalift 1 and/or Bokalift 2 and the supporting construction vessels. Also you will be leading together the team of Operations Managers, the Operational Pool, which is a group of approx. 50 offshore heavy Lifting specialist. You will be responsible for a smooth and safe operation in which you make sure that your team is capable to fulfill the challenging operation in the right way, following the right procedures, with the right preparations.
To ensure optimal and safe execution of the installation of the company’s products and services for wind farm- oil and gas installation projects and decommissioning projects your key tasks/responsibilities are:
- Develop and supervise operational and project management strategies and plan to ensure company's objectives are achieved.
- Final responsibility for project operations. Ensure quality and availability of all required resources. Ensure successful realization of all projects within the limits of the contract. Ensure relevant operations and project management input in the tender process, so that projects can be realized successful.
- Inform relevant stakeholders with regard to progress, risk and operational budget.
- Performance appraisal, coaching and continuously development of direct reports. Overview of the development of the Operational Staff within the Business Unit.
- Ensure a safe way of working for operations in compliance with company's guidelines, procedures, law and legislation.
- Initiate project evaluations together with relevant managers to define lessons learned, recommendations and action points to improve future work methods.
- Continuous improvement management on Business Unit Level, creating an improved way of working.
- Ensure alignment of interdepartmental Business Unit strategies and (annual) plans and alignment of multidisciplinary opportunities.
- Interfacing with the engineering department on the practical implementation of preparational works in the execution of the project.
You can make your mark as a Deputy Manager Operations if you have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical discipline.
- Proven track record in the Offshore Heavy Lift Industry with at least multi years of experience in offshore construction operations, being in the lead off a multi vessel offshore operation.
- Proven experience in leading a team of highly motivated people.
- Experience in (offshore wind) installation- and decommissioning projects being a safety leader with knowledge on planning operations and execution of heavy lift operations and management of multinational teams.
- Good command of the English language.
- Leadership and commitment to ensure a healthy and safe place of work and to prevent a negative impact on the environment.
- For this job we look for a person with full dedication for the job, in which running offshore operations is your second nature.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving and offshore energy company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement, a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a coffee place where you can connect with colleagues.
- Your Team: You work in multidisciplinary teams with roughly 50 colleagues from all over the world. You are part of the Project execution Team within the business unit Boskalis Heavy Lift. You will report to the Manager Operations.
- Where you will work: In this role you will be working with our Bokalift 1 and Bokalift 2 vessels, at the office in Papendrecht, following their day to day activities. Regular travel for multiple weeks to project sites will also be part of the work scope.
- Fulltime-/ Parttime job: This is a fulltime position, for this role you need to be willing to travel.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
The Boskalis Business Unit Offshore Heavy Lift is responsible for the operations of the Heavy lift Vessels, which operate in sectors as Offshore Wind, Platform Decommissioning and Oil and Gas installation. We work with state-of-the-art equipment like our Bokalift 1 and Bokalift 2 supported by our large fleet of other vessels (diving; construction; transport vessels) in which we are able to run multi discipline projects for clients in the offshore market.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Deputy Manager Operations - Business Unit Offshore Heavy Lifting. Please contact Emilie Stratenus, Recruiter via +31 6 11 38 02 35.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.