How you can make your mark
Make your mark as Project Engineer for Boskalis Subsea Services located in Aberdeen.
The Project Engineer will work as part of a project team on operational and developmental subsea construction or Inspection, Repair and Maintenance project activities. Whilst appointed to a project, the Project Engineer shall be accountable for onshore preparations relating to a certain portion of the workscope, if not several parts.
The Project Engineer is also required to travel to onshore and/or offshore worksites to ensure workscopes are delivered according to approved construction procedures and business processes.
Whilst appointed to Tenders, the Project Engineer shall undertake the development of an optimised installation methodology to support a proposal, ensuring all technical requirements are adequately addressed.
Additionally the Project Engineer will provide ongoing support to Operations Department, specifically in Operations Support.
Your responsibilities as Project Engineer:
- Ensuring that project engineering activities adhere to the Business Management System processes and procedures.
- Ensuring that all engineering is executed safely and efficiently, is of a high quality and in compliance with relevant industry codes and standards.
- Ensuring Project, Engineering Support Services, Survey, Inspection, Sub Contractor and Vessel interfaces are managed effectively.
- Responsible for progress reporting on small projects and/or less complex technical tenders (or parts of complex projects) to internal and external customers.
- Timely identification of deviations in time, engineering resource demand, quality or cost, compared to engineering planning, requirements and budget.
- Assisting and advising on the execution of tenders and projects, in some cases on location. Provide logistical support.
- Responsible for identification of lessons learned and ensuring implementation of follow-up actions related to lessons learned. .
- Support and assist operations who are responsible for standardizing the base offering of the vessels for projects, through ROV, Survey, Deck Equipment, Improvement projects and Standard Operating Procedures
You can make your mark as Project Engineer if you have:
- University or Higher Professional Education: related to the engineering disciplines
- Subsea industry experience
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive a holiday entitlement of 34 days, a contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance and death in service.
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment, we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Your team: You will work closely with your colleagues in the Engineering & Operations department and various departments throughout the business.
- Where you will work: Your location will be our campus in Aberdeen.
- Part- time job: The position of Project Engineer is full time, 35 hours per week.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
Want to know more?
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Project Engineer. Please contact Jolien Haak, Corporate Recruiter via (+31)6 50185216
Interested? Please apply before 11 June 2023 by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general, we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.