How you can make your mark
How you can make your mark as Junior Surveyor
Boskalis is hiring Junior Surveyors. As Junior Surveyor for Boskalis you will work on our international projects and vessels worldwide where you will be responsible for positioning, hydrographic-, land and environmental data acquisition & processing, dimensional control, charting and reporting. The services and expertise of our Surveyors play a vital role in the execution of our projects in both our Offshore Energy and Dredging & Inland Infra divisions.
Your responsibilities as Junior Surveyor are:
- On a project you will collect all the relevant data needed to monitor the progress and quality of the project.
- You will process this data into products that support the project (for example, a map of the seabed in the project, you provide volume calculations or background data for our vessels).
- Mobilizing the equipment needed to execute a good survey for a project.
- You perform control measurements and calibrations.
- Day-to-day maintenance of the survey equipment in accordance with the maintenance instructions and Survey department guidelines.
You can make your mark as Junior Surveyor if you have:
- A completed education in Hydrography, either Cat A or Cat B, Land surveying,Geomatics or Geophysics.
- Excellent computer skills.
- A good command of written and spoken English (which is the operational language throughout the company).
- A problem solving, result oriented mentality
- Not afraid of performing under pressure
- An EU passport
- No problem with travelling and working on a rotation base (internationally, anywhere in the world).
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, , as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- Coming September the “Survey Traineeship" starts. During 4 weeks in our headoffice in Papendrecht, you get to know your peers and you will get courses focused on software, technique and personal development. This is a perfect kickstart for a career as junior surveyor within Boskalis.
- Your team: In the role of Junior Surveyor you will work in one of our professional teams on a project. You will report to the Chief Surveyor of a project.
- Where you will work: As Junior Surveyor you will be part of the Survey Pool and you will be assigned to one of our projects, which is mostly abroad, you will work on a rotation of 6 weeks on and 4 weeks off when land based, 4 weeks on 4 weeks off, or 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off when offshore based. This all depends on the working location of the offshore vessel.
- Fulltime/ part- time job: The position of Junior Surveyor is a fulltime job.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews via Microsoft Teams. If we are both positive to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
Want to know more?
Want to know more?
We’ll be happy to answer your questions about the position of function. Please contact contact Sandra Hofstede, Senior Corporate Recruiter via +31 646042957.
Interested? Please apply before 30th of June 2023 by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general, we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.