How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as a equipment operator and operate a challenging offshore environment in the team on one of our cable laying vessels. You will make your mark by building a offshore windfarm and realizing the energy transition by operating the deck equipment in a safe and efficient way.
Your responsibilities as equipment operator
- Monitoring and operating the electrically or hydraulically powered company specific equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Proactive contribution to the executing of (un) planned maintenance activities.
- Ensuring compliance with company's policies and procedures.
Your qualities and experience
You can move ahead as a equipment operator if you have:
- At least 3 years of experience in operating a turntable and tensioner.
- A MBO degree in mechatronics, electrical, hydraulic or mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of maintaining hydraulic, electrical and mechanical equipment operational.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- You’re willing to work on location for up to 4-6 weeks at a time, followed by up to 4-6 weeks’ leave with some flexibility.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance and foreign posting terms.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Full/part-time job: The position of equipment operator a full-time (40 hours a week) job.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
Want to know more?
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of equipment operator please contact Dennis Schuurman.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your motivation letter and CV on our careers site.