How you can make your mark
Make your mark as Offshore SHEQ Advisor for Boskalis Subsea Cables! As Offshore SHEQ Advisor you are the facilitator and inspirator for the offshore team to pick up their role(s) in the implementation of our NINA safety program and SHE-Q MS on board a cable lay vessel. You are constructive in building relationships and stimulate a collaborative working environment between all parties on board. In addition, you are the SHE and quality expert, with excellent knowledge and a pragmatic, solution focused mindset.
Your responsibilities as Offshore SHEQ Advisor are:
- Stimulating adherence to our SHE-Q system and project plans. Key: supporting activity preparation, performing “walk the line” inspections and being present on deck during execution.
- Facilitating SHE-Q communications and understanding. Key: facilitating on board SHE-Q communications, providing training and coaching others in their safety (leadership) role.
- Contributing to continuous improvement. Key: promoting safety observations and performing proper root cause analysis of incidents.
- Excellent reporting of SHE-Q performance. Key: smart, factual reporting and a keen eye for hard and soft indicators.
- Achieving results by understanding the added value of our SHEQ role for the business
You can make a difference as an Offshore SHE-Q Advisor if you have:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in an offshore (oil and gas and/or renewables) and/or maritime environment. Preferably cable installation.
- NEBOSH General Certificate – or equivalent.
- Enthusiasm and passion for safety, health, environment and quality and the ability to take others along in this;
- Excellent writing, training and investigation skills.
- A good command of the English language: both in writing and verbally.
- Willingness to travel (within Europe and North America) on a regular basis.
- Willingness to be on location for up to four (4on) weeks at a time, followed by four (4off) weeks’ leave.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving and Offshore Energy company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well. Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment, we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Your team: You work independently on the designated Cable Lay Vessel, and you are part of a rotation schedule with multiple team members.
- Where you will work: You are traveling (within Europe and North America) on a regular basis and on location for up to four weeks at a time, followed by four weeks’ leave.
- Full/part-time job: The position is full-time job.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of offshore SHEQ advisor. Please contact Matthew Hurrel, Recruiter via the careers page.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies.