How you can make your mark
As a Salvage Diver, you will make your mark by contributing to the operational part of emergency responses and wreck removals worldwide. Teamwork is key in salvage activities, which take place both under and above water. The work consists of miscellaneous tasks like welding and cargo handling but also work on deck.
As a Salvage Diver, you will be working for SMIT Salvage, one of the largest salvage companies in the world and part of the Boskalis Westminster N.V. and working closely with agents worldwide. SMIT Salvage has an extensive track record and its clients include many leading insurers.
Your responsibilities as Salvage Diver / Rigger
- As part of the mobile salvage team, your primary role is undertaking diving and rigging works within your capabilities as required and directed by the Salvage Master.
- Execution of other salvage activities such as: welding, cargo handling or deck support.
- Maintenance of dive equipment.
You can make your mark as Salvage Diver / Rigger if you have:
- A valid Medical Dive Certificate.
- Good command of English (written and spoken).
- Preferably good eyesight.
- Open to work on weekends and public holidays frequently, with OT and allowances compensated.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- Your team: As a Salvage Diver / Rigger you will work for SMIT Salvage Singapore. You will work for one of the largest salvage companies in the world. You are part of a team of 21 Salvage Divers / Riggers. You will also work with various other colleagues who are part of the Salvage team.
- Where you will work: You will work at our location in Singapore and at project locations worldwide.
- Full-time: The Salvage Diver / Rigger position is full-time (40 hours per week).
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to Smit Salvage.
SMIT Salvage's track record is extensive and has many leading insurers are customers. SMIT Salvage has specialized equipment and expert personnel and is able to respond to incidents worldwide 24/7. This is done from four locations strategically located to the major international shipping routes: Rotterdam, Houston, Cape Town and Singapore. The offices provide a 24-hour link to customers, ships, Boskalis Group offices and agents around the world. The system guarantees an immediate response and fast service. In addition, SMIT Salvage can rely on an extensive worldwide network of cooperation agreements with partners and suppliers.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
Want to know more?
Interested? Apply by filling in your details and uploading your CV and cover letter on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.