How you can make your mark
Make your mark as a Technical Superintendent docking and ship repairs for Boskalis Offshore Energy. In this role, you are responsible to prepare and execute dockings and ship repairs, coordinate “day-to-day” maintenance and repair activities of the assigned vessel, including resolving technical issues during ship repairs projects.
As a Technical Superintendent docking and ship repairs, your responsibilities include:
- Advising, preparing, and executing docking and ship repair projects;
- Managing budgets for docking and repairs, ensuring accurate cost allocation.
- Carrying out efficient and safe repair, maintenance, and docking projects.
- Arranging statutory surveys and maintaining vessel and equipment compliance with Class standards.
- Taking technical responsibility for vessel and equipment performance during projects.
- Ensuring accurate reporting on maintenance, docking and repairs.
- Implementing best practices and lessons learned within the Fleet management.
- Coordinating repairs and docking activities for crew, subcontractors and shipyards.
- Coordinating a multidisciplinary team and promoting effective communication.
You can make your mark as a Technical Superintendent docking and ship repairs if you have:
- Higher Professional Education (bachelor): Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Maritime Engineering
- 3 - 5 years of relevant nautical experience in a maritime environment;
- Fully conversant with the legislative and regulatory requirements for marine assets;
- Relevant experience in dockings and ship repairs;
- Good command of English, written and spoken;
- Team player, problem solver, good communication skills and taking initiative.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis!. Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: You will be part of the Fleet department of Boskalis Offshore Energy. You report to the Manager Equipment and Mobilization.
- Where you will work: You will be based at our head office in Papendrecht. In this role travel will be frequent, with a ratio of 50 - 50.
- Full/part-time job: The position of Technical Superintendent docking and ship repair is a fulltime job (40 hours a week).
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
Want to know more?
Want to know more? We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Technical Superintendent docking and ship repairs. Please contact Emilie Stratenus, Recruiter via +31 611 380 235.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.