How you can make your mark
As Vessel Technical Superintendent (TSI) you will work for our Fleet Management department. The department provides technical support and the main focus is to keep the fleet in shipshape.
Our fleet consists of an extensive and versatile fleet comprising around 700 vessels and auxiliary equipment which can be deployed in the optimal configuration for each individual project. It’s Boskalis capital asset. As a Technical Superintendent, you will play an important role in maintaining, repairing and modifying our fleet, and in particular that part of the fleet used for the Dredging & Inland Infra division.
As a business partner, Fleet Management Dredging creates value to the primary process in an environment where our crew and staff can excel.
As a team member the TSI contributes to management of our assets in order to achieve optimal results for Boskalis.
We are looking for new colleagues to strengthen our team in Papendrecht. In this role you will be responsible for one of our Cutter Suction Dredgers (CSD's) and be the back up TSI for her sister vessel.
Your responsibilities as Technical Superintendent:
- Analyze and optimize the performance of the vessels in close cooperation with the crew on board.
- Report technical and operational performance and provide input to optimize the ships.
- Support with acute technical problems on board.
- Ensure that the scope of planned ship repairs is up to date (ongoing repairs, damage and modifications).
- Follow up the exploitation of the assigned vessels, taking into account the correct allocation of costs.
- Implementing and monitoring the general technical and safety standards and reporting on possible improvements to ensure the safety of our colleagues and the locality.
In the role of Vessel Technical Superintendent, it is essential to have the ability to work in a planned and independent way. You must have an eye for detail but you should certainly never lose sight of the bigger picture. On the basis of your extensive technical expertise and enthusiasm for high-end technical solutions, you can communicate and connect on different levels within the dredging division and convince colleagues and stakeholders about your solutions and ideas.
Furthermore you need to have the following to make your mark as Technical Superintendent:
- A higher vocational education (hbo) or post-secondary vocational education (mbo) degree in mechanical engineering, or similar qualification.
- At least four years’ experience as a technical superintendent, inspector or chief engineer on board of dredgers.
- Technical and operational dredging project knowledge is a big pre.
- Knowledge of or interest in the dredging process and dredging equipment.
- No problem travelling (within Europe, Middle East, Far East).
- A familiarity with health & safety regulations relating to our business as well as fleet management systems such as Maximo.
- Not afraid to get your hands and boilersuit dirty.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
What you can expect
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Your team: As Vessel Technical Superintendent you are part of the Fleet Management team (Crew, TSI, Fleet engineer). You will report to the Fleet Manager.
- Where you will work: You will be working at the Boskalis Campus in Papendrecht, but are open for frequent travel to the vessels abroad
- Fulltime/ part- time job: The position of Technical Superintendent is a fulltime job.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Dredging is one of our traditional core activities. Boskalis is famous for projects like the expansion of the Suez Canal and the extension of the Maasvlakte at the Port of Rotterdam. Creation of new nature areas like the Markerwadden is something we contribute to. Combining our state-of-the-art fleet, equipment and incredible manpower, we’re able to achieve projects that no one believed were even possible.
Want to know more?
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the Technical Superintendent Dredging role. Please contact Emilie Stratenus via Emilie.email@example.com
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We do not accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.