How you can make your mark
Do you have ample experience in carrying out Offshore Energy activities, preferably subsea rock installation, or extensive experience in preparing tenders? Are you looking for a new job with an impact and do you want to have an influence on the contracts that Boskalis wins as a multi-billion euro business? Then it’s time to come and talk to us about a job as Tender Manager Subsea Rock Installation!
Subsea Rock Installation is part of the Business Unit Seabed Intervention. Seabed Intervention delivers integrated solutions for subsea infrastructure related projects in the offshore energy market, i.e. Oil & Gas and Renewables. As Seabed Intervention we operate two fallpipe vessels, which are self-propelled vessels equipped with a fallpipe in order to accurately install rock to support/protect subsea assets, e.g. scour protection in Offshore Wind Farms and protection for subsea cables and pipelines.
The job of Tender Manager Subsea Rock Installation means you work at the heart of the business and play an important part in successfully securing large and small domestic and international Subsea Rock Installation related project.
Your responsibilities as Tender Manager Subsea Rock Installation:
- As Tender Manager you will lead a team through the entire tender process. As soon as a tender request comes in you evaluate together with senior management whether or not the tender is consistent with the company’s strategic objectives. Next you draw up a tender plan and decide on the strategy and approach.
- You have a strong coordinating role during the tender phase. You make sure that the client’s needs are identified, that technical and other information is gathered and that a proposal is drawn up that is interesting from both a commercial and a technical point of view and that all the relevant contractual, commercial and technical details are included.
- As Tender Manager you are the internal conscience of the organization. It goes without saying that proposals are put together in close cooperation with various departments, such as the in-house engineering company, HR, finance, legal and insurance. As a Tender Manager you will naturally maintain frequent contact with these departments and ensure you have an excellent working relationship with them. A tender team will be set up for complex and often multidisciplinary projects in which case you will head up a team consisting of various departments of the Boskalis in-house engineering company. Together with this team you will be responsible for costing, planning, identifying risks and opportunities, design, work methods and of course for the proposal document.
You can make your mark as Tender Manager Subsea Rock Installation if you have:
- A higher Professional Education (Bachelor or Master) in a technical discipline, preferably civil, offshore, mechanical or maritime engineering.
- At least 5-10 years relevant work experience with proposals and tenders in the Offshore Energy market, preferably Subsea Rock Installation.
- A good command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Dutch has an advantage.
- Not a problem with occasional trips abroad.
In addition you find it interesting to really get to grips with a project and to identify with the client and the project objectives. You would say you have a strong personality with the ability to adopt a coaching style in managing a team. You are a fully-fledged discussion partner with the ability to use your enthusiasm and professional knowledge to transmit ideas – even out-of-the-box ones – to a range of stakeholders. You are able to keep a cool head in stressful situations and your result-oriented approach ensures that you stay focused on the end goal, even when faced with setbacks.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance.
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board’s focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running and for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Boskalis
- Your team: You will be part of the Tender Department within the Business Unit Seabed Intervention, working in a team of Tender Managers, Proposal Engineers, Project Engineers and Production Engineers, with different nationalities. The team is characterized by their informal yet professional way of working together, flexibility, adaptability, and work hard play hard mentality.
- Where you will work: You are based at our campus in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime position: The function of Tender Manager Subsea Rock Installation is a fulltime position (40 hours a week).
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within Boskalis, our Seabed Intervention Business Unit stands out. With a wealth of experience we ensure the protection of both the seabed and the assets placed on and within it, particularly for the oil & gas and offshore wind industries.
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Tender Manager. Please contact Rosanne Boer, Sr Corporate Recruiter a.i. via Rosanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested? Please apply before October 20th 2023, by filling in your details and by uploading your motivation letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.