How you can make your mark
Make your mark as Safety Coach for Boskalis Subsea Services based offshore.
As Safety Coach you will actively support and coach personnel to uphold a high performing culture where our workforce is leading our effort to achieve our safety goal of No Injuries, No Accidents (NINA).
You will be an excellent communicator, demonstrate a positive attitude and be able to manage your workload in a fast paced project environment.
Your responsibilities as Safety Coach:
- Provide support, assistance and advice to the Offshore Management Team on all aspects of SHEQ whilst maintaining independence from the team
- Encourage all shipboard personnel to contribute towards our NINA safety goal and to implement the NINA Values and Rules.
- Provide guidance on specific high risk activities (e.g. NORM Management, H2S, Working at Height, Confined Space Entry), identify and support the implementation of suitable controls.
- Facilitate / chair risk assessment activities including carrying out level 2 project risk assessments and implementing site task risk assessments
- Act as point of contact for all incident investigations and ensure information is shared with onshore SHEQ Advisor in a timely manner
- Ensure SHEQ Information and Lessons Learned are shared through delivery of Safety Matters sessions and deliver SHEQ related training / familiarisation.
Your qualities and experience
You can make your mark as Safety Coach if you have:
- A relevant HSE qualification to NEBOSH certificate level
- Relevant experience of providing SHEQ advice in a dynamic project / company environment.
- Knowledge of offshore diving, ROV and subsea operations is preferred.
- Excellent communication and coaching skills, able to communicate with all levels of an organisation.
- Practically minded, adaptable and with excellent problem solving capability.
- Offshore Survival Training (inc CA-EBS),MIST and Offshore Oil and Gas Workers Medical
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job that allows you to collaborate with a talented team of experts from different backgrounds and contribute to making a significant impact.
- Rewarding conditions: Besides a competitive salary, you will a contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance and death in service benefit. There is also a range of flexible benefits you can take advantage of including the opportunity to buy additional holidays each year.
- Career development: We offer you plenty of opportunities to bring out the best in yourself for example through (online) courses at our Boskalis academy.
- Your team: You will work closely with your colleagues in the onshore SHEQ department and wider offshore Safety Coach team as well as with Offshore Management and Vessel Crew.
- Where you will work: Your location will be offshore.
- Full time/part-time job: The position of Safety Coach is full-time.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Safety Coach. Please contact Matthew Hurrel, Recruiter.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.