How you can make your mark
Make your mark as a Tender Engineer for Boskalis Subsea Cables! In this role, you are responsible for the engineering of our Subsea Cables tenders and designs - within the requirements (safety, quality, time, budget, legal requirements, regulations and other) and in compliance with client/ contract agreements. This includes management of engineering scopes, if necessary, making use of external engineering suppliers. During tender and startup of project preparation phase, you make sure any interface between engineering disciplines (Geo, Production, marine), cost estimating, operations and QHSE is covered. You act as technical conscience throughout the complete tendering cycle for medium to complex tenders.
Your responsibilities as a Tender Engineer Subsea Cables:
- Prepare and guide tenders, work methods and designs that meet all requirements
- Provide solutions to the customer and mitigate risks to an as low as possible level
- Ensure that you are well informed about the contract agreements with the customer and that you know the project management procedures and rules of Boskalis Subsea Cables
- Based on solid knowledge, you convince external customers / surveyors of the feasibility and safety of the offered solution / method and the resulting specifications
- Structure, plan and budget the tender engineering work and inform relevant stakeholders on time
- Provide support and advice to the Tender Manager and department head with regards to tender engineering issues and resources during all phases of the project
- Drive continuous improvement of department processes and procedures and evaluation of the engineering process. Responsible for identification of lessons learnt and ensuring implementation of follow up actions related to lessons learned
You can make your mark as a Tender Engineer Subsea Cables if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Civil engineering, Marine engineering, Offshore Engineering or Mechanical engineering
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in an offshore (oil and gas and/or renewables) and/or maritime environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS office.
- Good communication skills and a good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken
- You are motivated and eager to develop your skills in this role
- You show leadership, are a team player, pro-active and have a hands-on mentality
- Extensive knowledge and experience of operational processes (offshore experience)
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a coffee place where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis!. Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: You will be a part of a team of 6 Tender Engineers and in tendering teams you’ll work closely together with Tender Management & Cost Engineering disciplines.
- Where you will work: For office-based roles, in consultation with your manager and your team, you work partly at home and partly in the Papendrecht Head Office (optional Wynyard, UK).
- Full/part-time: The position of Tender Engineer is a full-time (40 hours a week) role.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
We’ll be happy to answer your questions about the position of Tender Engineer Subsea Cables. Please contact name, function via phone number or name, function via phone number.
Please apply before Friday 8th December.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.