How you can make your mark
As senior audit manager you will contribute to monitoring and improving the key (financial) processes of the global Boskalis organization. The primary focus of the internal audit function is aimed at the effectiveness of the group’s management (reporting) information and the associated internal controls. You will be part of a small team, based in our office in Papendrecht, but the world will be your workplace.
An important part of each audit is assessing the quality and effectiveness of the internal controls as defined in the Control Framework, as well as identifying opportunities to strengthen these internal controls on management and financial (reporting) processes. Each audit is completed with a written report covering findings and (where appropriate) recommendations for improvements.
Your responsibilities as senior audit manager
- Perform internal audits (independently or in a small team), primarily focusing on management reporting processes, the integrity, and reliability of the information, compliance with internal procedures and guidelines as well as relevant legislation and regulations.
- Promoting best practices and actively contributing to broadening and deepening relevant knowledge of the main audit stakeholders.
You can make your mark as senior audit manager if you have:
- Post-academic level RA (or RO/CIA with a pre-qualification in -business- economics).
- At least five to eight years of work experience in a complex international environment and/or with one of the larger external audit organizations.
- Experience in a project-driven organization and/or experience in the international construction industry would be very welcome.
- Knowledge of information technology, including, ERP systems, data management and data analytics.
- Knowledge of and experience in (modern) auditing techniques, risk management, (administrative) organization and (internal) controls.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; any other language skills – preferably French, Spanish and/or Portuguese – we consider as a plus.
- No problem with traveling and working worldwide (up to 120 days per year).
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact as part of a diverse, international team of experts, working together for a leading global services provider operating in the dredging, maritime infrastructure and maritime services sectors.
- Rewarding conditions: Besides a competitive salary package, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance and a lease car (or alternative mobility arrangement).
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a jetty where our vessels can dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: Currently 2 auditors, but with the aim to increase to 3, possibly 4. There is continious interaction with other Boskalis disciplines.
- Full/part-time job: The position of senior audit manager is a full-time job (40 hours a week).
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held in our office in Papendrecht or online via Teams. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark by helping to find innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
In a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of senior audit manager. Please contact Robert Smits, senior corporate recruiter via phone number 0031 78 696 83 98.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies.