How you can make your mark
Make your mark as deckhand at Boskalis!
Make your mark at our one-of-a-kind dredging projects projects like the construction of the platform for the Manila International Airport (MIA) in the Philippines. This is just one of the exciting projects you could be working on, as deckhand in Boskalis. You are energized by working in a professional team; together with your colleagues you bring every project to a successful conclusion.
Your responsibilities as deckhand is:
- Ensuring own safe work environment and that of colleagues on deck. Understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant company's (safety)
guidelines and procedures.
- Providing maintenance of the vessel and equipment.
- Assisting in the daily routine tasks for example painting, small repairs and mooring activities.
- Assisting with (un)loading of cargo and (crew) transfers.
Your qualities and experience
You can move ahead as deckhand if you have:
- A citizenship of Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia.
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience as a deckhand.
- Preferably basic knowledge in welding.
- Valid STCW documents.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- Valid seafarers medical certificate.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including paid leave, paid standby and travel allowance, coverage of the costs for the documents' renewal and course expenses, a non-contributory pension scheme, health and life insurance on-board and on-shore.
- Indefinite contract: you will receive an indefinite contract after proven suitability.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with courses in our Boskalis Dredging academy.
- Social events: Experience the Boskalis team spirit at our social events such as Crew day in summer and our Christmas party.
- Your team: You will work in various teams around the world.
- Where you will work: Boskalis operates worldwide. It depends on the project location where you will embark.
- Full/part-time job: The function of deckhand is full time job. Working schedule is 4 weeks on/off for the projects in Europe and 6 weeks on/off for the projects outside of Europe.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Dredging is one of our traditional core activities. Boskalis is famous for projects like the expansion of the Suez Canal and the extension of the Maasvlakte at the Port of Rotterdam. Creation of new nature areas like the Markerwadden is something we contribute to. Combining our state-of-the-art fleet, equipment and incredible manpower, we’re able to achieve projects that no one believed were even possible.
We’ll be happy to answer your questions about the position of deckhand. Please contact Simona Kasiliauskiene, recruiter via phone number +37067197005.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies.
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.