How you can make your mark
Make your mark as planning engineer at the Design,Tendering and Engineering Department (DTED). As planning engineer your impact on the eventual success of a project can be extensive: Imagine the value that a correct schedule and thorough analysis on its status brings in a critical and complex project.
Your goal is to minimize the unexpected concerning timeframes. Your overview of the project activities and assets involved enables project team to achieve the highest level of efficiency. Making sure there is no idle time or ensuring a reduction of time using equipment will make the difference.
Your responsibilities as Planning Engineer
- Gather independently and pro-actively all necessary project data to create a project schedule.
- Create and manage a multidisciplinary project schedule within a tender or during contract execution, using advanced project management software such as Primavera P6.
- Monitor critical pathways and report subsequently on the overall progress of the project schedule. Alert the project management in the event of any deviations from the schedule baseline and provide advice on possible measures.
- Prepare concise schedule narratives and other schedule related deliverables.
- You keep a log to ensure that others will immediately understand the changes and assumptions made to develop the schedule.
If required by the project, you are willing to travel and to work for longer periods at various project locations abroad.
You can make your mark as Planning Engineer if you have:
- An education in Engineering (for example civil engineering or equivalent).
- Any relevant experience as a Planner on a Dredging and/or inland Infra project is seen as an advantage.
- Strong Excel skills and experience with Oracle Primavera or MS Project is seen as an advantage.
- A good command of written and spoken English and Dutch.
- Solid communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a flexible attitude: you are stress-resistant and can handle last minute information and adjustments well.
- You can already work/travel freely to and within the Netherlands. (for this postion we don't provide VISA sponsorship)
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts;
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance;
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy;
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues;
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis!. Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: You will be part of the Project & Process Control Team, within the Design, Tendering and Engineering Department Dredging & Inland Infra. This team includes the disciplines Planning, Opportunity & Risk management, System Engineering, Process management and Document Control.
- Where you will work: For office-based roles, in consultation with your manager and your team, you work partly at home and partly from the office in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime job: The position of planning engineer is a fulltime job (40 hours a week).
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Dredging is one of our traditional core activities. Boskalis is famous for projects like the expansion of the Suez Canal and the extension of the Maasvlakte at the Port of Rotterdam. Creation of new nature areas like the Markerwadden is something we contribute to. Combining our state-of-the-art fleet, equipment and incredible manpower, we’re able to achieve projects that no one believed were even possible.
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of planning engineer. Please contact Dennis Schuurman senior recruiter via +316 50 16 23 13
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.