How you can make your mark
Make your mark as an Offshore Senior ROV Pilot Technician at Horizon Geosciences!
The Offshore Senior ROV Pilot technician assists the ROV Supervisor in offshore ROV systems resource management, and safe and successful execution of ROV operations.
Your responsibilities as an Offshore Senior ROV Pilot technician
- Operate/Launch & Recover ROV in safe and efficient manner as instructed by the Supervisor & Senior Pilot Technician.
- Ensure that System Technical Manual for ROV is well read and queries clarified before joining the project/during the mob phase exercising emphasis on safe working methods with Fibers, High Voltage Power Cables etc.
- Take full responsibility of updating engineering notes and informing ROV Supervisor of amendments to be made in manuals for any modifications/upgrades/system reconfiguration and re-wirings done during the course of the project and also takes responsibility for maintaining digital copies and hard copies of the same on the system and handing over to incoming personnel during crew handovers
- Take responsibility for self-development and where available utilize the technical manuals to assist in the familiarity of the equipment and all associated ancillary sensors such as sonars, bathy/altimeters, profilers, CP equipment, gyros and their associated software.
- Ensure complete familiarization with all the tools and inventory of critical spares and consumables with associated ROV system especially workshop container if applicable to the system and take complete responsibility of daily housekeeping, hygiene within containers and maintenance of tools used on daily basis.
- Ensure full understanding and usage of ROV specific terminology to be used on public broadcast comms and for voice overs during video recordings.
- Voluntarily support the ROV Supervisor to ensure smooth offshore operations especially during critical subsea tasks where long excursions of tether are to be well managed/tight access areas work in/around structures and can voluntarily fill in the role of a night shift supervisor as and when needed.
- Maintain a very cordial, levelheaded attitude with peers and seniors alike and full familiarization of all Horizon Company policies primarily communication policies where Supervisor has to be maintained as sole point of contact within the ROV team.
Your qualities and experience
You can make your mark as an Offshore Senior ROV Pilot Technician if you have:
- Bachelors or Higher National Diploma in Engineering preferably Electronics / Electrical / Mechanical / Mechatronics.
- Minimum 5 years offshore experience with various classes and types of ROV over varied spectrum of construction support/diver support & IRM projects from Fixed Installations & DP Vessels in the capacity of an ROV Pilot/Tech with proper flying hours and log books updated
- Possesses completion of competency certificates as per IMCA C011 & IMCA C05 Competency guidelines & tables
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of Oil & Gas Industry Technical Specifications & Standards and fully upto speed with Client standard regulations and requirements.
- Potential Supervisory experience with smaller ROV systems such as Falcon for simple, short projects such as Rig moves, seabed surveys, environmental monitoring etc.
- Knowledge of AUTOCAD is an added advantage.
- Valid Current OPITO Offshore Medical, H2Sl and Sea Survival Certificates
- Fluent in written and spoken English
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- Your team: You will be part of the ROV Department.
- Where you will work: You will be working offshore for our projects, which are mainly located across the Middle East, Far East, and Europe
- Fulltime/ part- time job: The position of Offshore Senior ROV Pilot Technician is a full-time job.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews via Microsoft Teams or at our office. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Horizon. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Horizon Geosciences is part of the Boskalis group of companies. Horizon Geosciences provides marine survey and geotechnical services to an array of clients around the world. Working through their network of offices, supporting every stage of offshore and nearshore projects through their comprehensive range of marine scientific services and fully equipped vessels.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Offshore Senior ROV Pilot Technician. Please contact Jenelyn Duran, HR Assistant via our career page.
Please apply before the 11th of December 2023.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We do not accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.