How you can make your mark
Are you curious, eager to learn and you have a passion for Finance? Then the Boskalis Finance Traineeship might be the perfect place to make your mark as a finance trainee!. Working in project controlling gives you the opportunity to get involved in international Dredging and Offshore Energy projects within Boskalis. An unique opportunity to get acquainted with the entire Boskalis organization and a perfect kick-start to your career within our company.
What you will be doing
As a finance trainee you will be part of the project team for a Dredging or Offshore Energy project team, and this often means working in challenging conditions. The projects you work on will vary in size, complexity, and duration and your workplace will depend on the project itself. For example: as a finance trainee your first assignment might be working for one of our unique, offshore energy projects from our Papendrecht office. Your next assignment could be for the development of Manilla International Airport – one of our biggest projects ever – location in the Philippines.
During your assignments you will get acquainted with the Way of Working within Boskalis, work in a dynamic and challenging environment and operate in a project team that contributes to our impressive projects. These assignments will be the ultimate preparation into your development as a project controller.
Working within the Dredging division will imply one or more international assignments in various countries around the world. An assignment abroad will cover a period of 6 months, in which you will be working on a project location for six weeks at a stretch, after which you get four weeks of leave to go home.
In the Offshore Energy division, you will be working from our head office in Papendrecht on offshore energy projects for a period of 6 months. You will be part of a multidisciplinary project team and working in close collaboration with a senior project controller and other members of the team. The execution of the offshore energy projects is in different countries in the world. This gives you the possibility to travel to the project site office.
As a finance trainee you assist the project manager (and senior project controller) on all financial matters within a project. This means that you:
- will be responsible for project administration, site office management, and the overall financial reporting.
- will be involved in tax, treasury, insurance and contractual matters.
- will interpret the story behind the figures, utilizing your insights and analytical skills to ensure that the right decisions are being made.
Next to learning on the job during your assignments, we offer an extensive personal development program in between your assignments. You will be able to set personal development goals as well as to follow training and courses where you can work on your leadership style, communication, and stakeholder management. Next to personal and leadership development we find it important to give you the opportunity to become a better professional: specific, mainly internal, finance courses are added to the program (for example how to deal with international taxation and hedging of foreign currencies). You will get introduced to various departments like treasury, insurance, group reporting and others. On top of that you will visit specific company locations, like projects of the various disciplines you are not assigned to, yards where ships are docked, or sites where our equipment is stored and maintained. External trainers and coaches and a Boskalis mentor are there to guide you.
This is what you need to make your mark as a finance trainee:
- Fully completed higher education (HBO Bachelor or WO Bachelor/Master) in Finance & Control, Financial Accounting, (International) Business Administration, or alike.
- Full-time availability and obtained your diploma as of the 2 September 2024. If you wish to start sooner, we can discuss, but we cannot guarantee this.
- Pro-active, flexible, good in building relationships, , pragmatic, taking ownership, eager to learn and quickly understand the bigger picture.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- Entitled to work in the Netherlands for at least the duration of the traineeship.
- Willingness to work abroad for at least the duration of the traineeship.
- Boskalis Traineeship: lots of impact on megatrends and lots of growth opportunities. That’s what the Finance Traineeship is all about. The Traineeship lasts a total of 18 months during which you will complete three different challenging (international) assignments, tailored to your study and background.
- A dynamic environment: a job that allows you to collaborate with a talented team of experts from different backgrounds and contribute to making a significant impact.
- Rewarding conditions: a competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance and foreign posting terms.
- Career development: we offer you plenty of opportunities to bring out the best in yourself for example through (online) courses at our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports field, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Boskalis project site: you will work on groundbreaking projects around the world. Boskalis creates new horizons and execute an extensive range of dredging and marine projects in 90 countries and across six continents.
- Young Boskalis: are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Please apply online to make sure you are considered for this great opportunity. Please send your CV and personal motivation in which you indicate the following: What makes you apply for Boskalis? What makes you apply for the traineeship and sets you apart?
- After your application you will be informed within 5 working days if you made it through the next phase. In the next phase you will be challenged with an online cognitive assessment and game-based assessment. This will determine if you also proceed to the next steps (interview and final selection event).
- The Finance Traineeship starts on the 2nd of September at our head office in Papendrecht.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the Finance Traineeship. Please contact Robert Smits, Senior Corporate Recruiter by calling or sending a WhatsApp via +31(0)6 50 084 128.