How you can make your mark
Make your mark as a Financial Controller and constantly look for the story behind the figures. In the role of Financial Controller, you are the sparring partner and the financial conscience for the vessel exploitation of the Heavy Lifting business unit within the Offshore Energy division. Your focus lies on the administration, controlling and reporting on the exploitation of vessels, tools, and related equipment. Besides this, you will play a vital role in the monthly business and financial management reporting. You are part of the financial team of Boskalis Heavy Lifting and report to the Manager Reporting & Finance.
Your responsibilities as a Financial Controller
- financial, business, and operational control responsibilities, including general overhead, operational (crew) pool exploitation, and tool & equipment exploitation.
- budgeting, planning, and preparation of forecasts, including periodic cost price and norm rate calculations.
- monthly reporting on exploitation costs and coverage, and assistance with the monthly closing and reporting cycle within the business unit.
- collaboration with the manager Reporting & Finance to collect, analyze, and report financial data for projects monthly, as well as participation in the yearly budget and quarterly forecast and reporting process.
- outsourcing administration of the new centralized pool to the Shared Services Center (SSC), while maintaining close communication to ensure timely and complete records.
You will make your mark as a financial controller if you
- have at least a bachelor's in finance, preferably in Accountancy.
- have several years of experience in an international environment, preferably in accountancy or the maritime industry;
- can connect and act as a sparring partner for various stakeholders (e.g., technical superintendents, project teams and business unit management);
- have strong analytical skills, you are result-oriented, decisive and are able to work under pressure;
- have an affinity with IT / ERP systems (e.g., MS Excel, Infor LN, Vena, Power BI, SAP BPC);
- Good communication skills in the English language, preferably also in Dutch.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job that allows you to collaborate with a talented team of experts from diverse backgrounds and contribute to making a significant impact.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 26 days (based on a full-time contract) and several collective scheduled days off, a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance, leased or shared car, foreign posting terms.
- Career development: We offer you plenty of opportunities to bring out the best in yourself, for example through (online) courses at our Boskalis Academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports field, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: The financial team of around 17 profesionals of the business unit Heavy lifting.
- Where do you come to work? You will be in our Papendrecht office, partly at home and partly in the office.
- Full-time: The position is full-time (40 hours per week).
- Procedure: You can easily apply by completing the online application form. We conduct job interviews online and at the office. If we both think we are a good match after these conversations, we will make you a nice offer. Are you happy with that? Welcome aboard!
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy, and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
We will be happy to answer your questions about the position of financial controller. Please contact Bjorn Ghitti. corporate recruiter via 06 -50199047
Interested? Then apply before: February 29th, 2024.
Disclaimer for recruiters and recruitment & selection agencies
We do not accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies. We have a substantial TA department. Every day, we work with a large team of recruiters to independently fill numerous job vacancies. While we understand that external agencies may want to get involved, we do not wish to be approached, and we will take the initiative ourselves if we are unable to fill a specific vacancy. Thank you for your understanding.