Make your mark
Make your mark as ISM Compliance / SHE-Q Engineer within our Nautical Department of Fleet Management Dredging and explore maritime operations around the globe!
Join our team and play a crucial role in advising and supporting our dredging fleet, ensuring compliance with maritime regulations, and elevating safety standards across our operations. This unique position offers the exciting opportunity to travel and work in diverse maritime environments, from the vibrant port cities of Europe to the dynamic shores of the Middle East. Based in our modern Papendrecht office, you'll collaborate with a diverse team of experts, engage in software digitization for compliance, and participate in the dynamic activities of our Nautical Department. From coordinating ship-to-shore drills to liaising with class societies and flag states, you'll be instrumental in upholding the highest standards in maritime operations. Experience different cultures and contribute to safe and efficient maritime operations across the globe with us.
In this role you support and advise the dredging fleet in ensuring compliance with maritime regulations and creating a safe working environment.
- Support and supervision of external audits, Port State- and OVID/CMID Inspections;
- Advise, support, and guide on all kinds of safety-related topics to the fleet;
- Keep the dredging division updated on new maritime laws, give interpretation, and ensure implementation;
- Conduct internal ISM/ISPS/MLC audits on the vessels together with your team;
- Analyze findings from audits and inspection;
- Manage the Fleet Management System (FMS);
- Support in digitizing software used for compliance on board the vessels and in the office;
- Investigate and analyze incidents and accidents;
- Organize and supervise Ship-to-Shore drills;
- Support High-Risk Area / Voluntary Reporting Area transits;
- Support the Maintenance Cell in organizing safety kick-offs and other support during repairs;
- Support and supervise the management of class and statutory certificates.
You can make a difference as ISM Compliance / SHE-Q Engineer if you:
- Have a background in the maritime industry and are interested to work in SHE-Q;
- Are familiar with maritime regulations SOLAS / MARPOL / MLC / STCW;
- Have a genuine passion for ensuring the safety and compliance of vessels and crew members;
- Have effective communication and interpersonal abilities, regardless of experience level;
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Are willing to travel for internal ISM/ISPS/MLC audits on board the vessels;
- Residing in the Netherlands and eligible to work in EU.
What you can expect:
- A dynamic environment: A job that allows you to collaborate with a talented team of experts from different backgrounds and contribute to making a significant impact.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance and much more
- Career development: We offer you plenty of opportunities to bring out the best in yourself for example through (online) courses at our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis Campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports field, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Boskalis Project site: You will work on groundbreaking projects and state of the art vessels around the world. Boskalis creates new horizons and execute an extensive range of dredging and marine projects in 90 countries and across six continents.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: You work as a ISM Compliance / SHE-Q Engineer in the business unit Dredging. In this team there are 6 members, reporting to the Manager Nautical Department, Edgar van Oers;
- Where you will work: In the role of ISM Compliance / SHE-Q Engineer you will be travelling one third of your time. When you are in The Netherlands you will be based in our head office in Papendrecht. In consultation with your manager and your team, you can work partly at home and partly in the office during that period.
- Full / part time job: The position of ISM Compliance / SHE-Q Engineer is a fulltime (40 hours a week) job.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Dredging is one of our traditional core activities and Boskalis is famous for projects like the land reclamation for Manila International Airport, Pulau Tekong (Singapore’s first polder) or the expansion of the Suez Canal. Creation of new nature areas like the Markerwadden is something we contribute too. In your job you will work for the dredging division. Boskalis has been protecting coastlines, reclaiming land and developing infrastructure for over 100 years. That’s a lot of ingenuity, talent and commitment. When we bring all of this together, we become more than the sum of our parts and can seize opportunities others miss. This is how we collaborate and make the difference together. In our lives, in our work and in the lives of people across the world.
We’ll be happy to answer your questions about this position. Please contact Rosanne Boer, Sr Corporate Recruiter, via Rosanne.boer@Boskalis.com
Please apply before March 17th 2024.