How you can make your mark
Make your mark as Lead Engineer for Boskalis Subsea Services located in Aberdeen. The Lead Engineer shall be the technical focal point for the delivery of subsea projects. The primary responsibility of the Lead Engineer is to ensure the technical delivery of projects to the agreed specification and client requirements, ensuring the project is resourced appropriately. In this role your focus will be to provide tender support and technical Leadership when required, also you will act as the technical focal point for a tender or as part of a technical team where required.
Your responsibilities as Lead Engineer:
The main responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited too;
- The Lead Engineer shall be responsible for providing an engineered and safe execution to any task set to them by the Principle Project Engineer, Engineering Manager or an appointed Project Manager, or their nominated delegate such as Assistant Project Manager (APM).
- The Lead Engineer will work as part of a project team on operational and developmental subsea construction or Inspection, Repair and Maintenance project activities. Whilst appointed to a project, the Lead Engineer shall be accountable for onshore preparations relating to a certain portion of the workscope, if not several parts.
- Additionally, the Lead Engineer may be required to travel to onshore and offshore worksites to ensure workscopes are delivered according to approved construction procedures and business processes. Trips to Fabrication sites and overseas are also expected as part of the role.
- Whilst appointed to Tenders, the Lead Engineer shall undertake the development of an optimised installation methodology to support a proposal, ensuring all technical requirements are adequately addressed.
You can make your mark as Lead Engineer if you have:
- Extensive work experience in a similar role.
- An affinity with the subsea/offshore energy working environment
- At least a bachelor’s degree in civil, structural, mechanical engineering or naval architecture
- Willingness to travel onshore and offshore, international.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job that allows you to collaborate with a talented team of experts from different backgrounds and contribute to making a significant impact.
- Rewarding conditions: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive a holiday entitlement of 34 days, a contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance and death in service benefit. There is also a range of flexible benefits you can take advantage of including the opportunity to buy additional holidays each year.
- Career development: We offer you plenty of opportunities to bring out the best in yourself for example through (online) courses at our Boskalis academy.
- Your team: you will form part of a team of experienced Engineering professionals.
- Where you will work: Your location will be our office in Aberdeen. We offer a hybrid working policy.
- Full/part- time job: The position of Lead Engineer is full time, 35 hours per week.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Lead Engineer. Please contact Matthew Hurrel, Recruiter.
Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.