How you can make your mark
Make your mark as a Project Engineer for Boskalis Subsea Cables (BSC)! In this role, you are responsible for the engineering of our Subsea Cables projects and designs - within the requirements (safety, quality, time, budget, legal requirements, regulations and other) and in compliance with client/ contract agreements. This includes management of engineering scopes, if necessary, making use of external engineering suppliers. During project preparation phase, you make sure any interface between engineering disciplines (Geo, Production, marine), operations and QHSE is covered. You act as technical conscience throughout the complete lifecycle for medium to complex projects.
Your responsibilities as a Project Engineer Subsea Cables:
- Prepare and guide project preparations, work methods and designs that meet all requirements;
- During project execution, support as field engineer offshore or on the site office;
- Provide solutions to the customer and mitigate risks to an as low as possible level;
- Ensure that you are well informed about the contract agreements with the customer and that you know the project management procedures and rules of Boskalis Subsea Cables;
- Based on solid knowledge, you convince customers / marine warranty surveyors / authorities of the feasibility and safety of the offered solution / method and the resulting specifications;
- Structure, plan and budget the project engineering work and inform relevant stakeholders on time;
- Provide support and advice to the Project Manager and Director engineering with regards to project engineering issues and resources during all phases of the project;
- Drive continuous improvement of department processes and procedures and evaluation of the engineering process. Responsible for identification of lessons learnt and ensuring implementation of follow up actions related to lessons learned.
You can make your mark as a Project Engineer Subsea Cables if you have:
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Civil engineering, Marine engineering, Offshore Engineering or Mechanical engineering;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in an offshore (oil and gas and/or renewables) and/or maritime environment;
- Thorough understanding of the underlying disciplines behind our work as subsea cables installation contractors (Geo, Marine and structural engineering);
- Knowledge and experience of planning applications - such as MS project and/or Primavera - and basic knowledge of drafting applications - such as AutoCAD or BricsCAD;
- Good communication skills and a good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken;
- You are motivated and eager to develop your skills in this role;
- You show leadership, are a team player, pro-active and have a hands-on mentality;
- Extensive knowledge and experience of operational processes (offshore experience).
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a coffee place where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis!. Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: Your daily work will be done as part of a project team, typically existing out of 2 - 10 project Engineers. You are also part of the total BSC engineering department of roughly 60+ FTE.
- Where you will work: Offshore and office based in Papendrecht, The Netherlands or optional based in Wynyard office, UK.
- Full/part-time job: The position of Project Engineer requires an availability of 40 hours a week during project preparation, and 12 hrs/day – 7 days/week during project execution when you go offshore.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Project Engineer Subsea Cables. Please contact Sinta de Gruijter, corporate recruiter via +31 6 50 18 53 56.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.