How you can make your mark
Make your mark as SHEQ Advisor for Boskalis Subsea Services located in Aberdeen!
As SHEQ Advisor you will provide support, assistance and advice to the business and projects on risk management and Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) matters. You will have up to date knowledge and understanding of the requirements of applicable legislation, standards and industry guidance.
You will be an excellent communicator, demonstrate a positive attitude and be able to manage your workload in a fast paced project environment.
Your responsibilities as a SHEQ Advisor are:
- The main responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to;
- Provide SHEQ support as required by projects; this shall include timely preparation of project documentation and provision of guidance on specific high risk activities (e.g. NORM Management, H2S, Working at Height).
- Assist project teams to monitor and review project risks throughout the life of project. Compile and facilitate / chair risk assessment activities.
- Support SHEQ department; this shall include carrying out SHEQ inspections, verifications and audits, the delivery of SHEQ related training / familiarization to the company and implementation of SHEQ Plan improvement activities.
- Liaise with offshore departmental representatives, project personnel and where applicable suppliers to investigate incidents and monitor corrective actions, ensuring that they are appropriately addressed and closed out.
- Monthly SHEQ performance analysis and reporting in line with project, department, company and client requirements.
You can make your mark as SHEQ Advisor if you have:
- A relevant HSE qualification to NEBOSH certificate level and relevant Internal Auditor qualification
- Knowledge of offshore diving, ROV and subsea operations is preferred.
- Knowledge of business management systems and excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work using own initiative or as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to effectively manage own workload, and work within given timescales (both internal and external), ensuring project requirements are met.
- Adaptability and problem-solving capability.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive a holiday entitlement of 34 days, a contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance and death in service. There is also a range of flexible benefits you can take advantage of including the opportunity to buy additional holidays each year.
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment, we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Your team: You will report to the SHEQ Lead and work closely together with Project Managers, Project Teams and the wider SHEQ Department.
- Where you will work: Your location will be our office in Aberdeen and you have the option to work from home 2 days per week. Fixed office days are Tuesday and Thursday’s.
- Full - time job: The position of SHEQ Advisor is full time, 35 hours per week.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for an interview. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of SHEQ Advisor. Please contact Rosanne Boer, Senior Corporate Recruiter (+31)6 50185420.
Interested? Please apply before january 14th 2023 by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general, we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.