How you can make your mark
Make your mark as Project Manager Subsea cables.
In this role you will manage and be responsible for project(s) ranging in size and complexity. You will do so according to contract in a safe, healthy, environmental friendly and efficient way within time and budget. You will manage the team members within the project, while also managing the relation with the client. You will have a big influence in the execution of projects with significant turnover value. Within this role you will work in close cooperation with other business units within Boskalis.
Your responsibilities as a Project Manager Subsea Cables will be:
- Defining project control structure, managing project budget and risks to accomplish optimal profit margin;
- Managing problem analyses and generate creative solutions for high level project plans these into operational plans;
- Managing, coaching and appraising the performance of your project team;
- Ensuring optimum client relations and creating commercial opportunities;
- Drafting progress and project close-out reports for company and client;
- Developing, implementing and maintaining (inter) departmental policies, procedures and processes;
- Contributing to the tender process for project management specific aspects.
You can make your mark as a Project manager Subsea Cables if you have:
- A Bachelors degree in Civil engineering, Marine engineering, Offshore Engineering or Mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in multidisciplinary project management in a technical (maritime) environment
- To show leadership and commitment to ensure a healthy and safe place of work and to prevent a negative impact on the environment by adhering to the relevant SHE-Q procedures as described in WOW. For authorities see authority matrix.
- Experience with ICT Office-, project management application and ERP system
- Thorough understanding of the underlying disciplines behind our work as subsea cables installation contractors (Geo, Marine and structural engineering).
- Good communication skills and a good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken.
- You show leadership, are a team player, pro-active and have a hands-on mentality.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of operational processes (offshore experience).
- Experience in leading a multi-disciplined team
- You can easily deal with the occasional stress of assignments and stay client-oriented under pressure: you always want to achieve the best result.
- Willing to travel, but also willing to stay abroad during the execution phase of the project (our projects are worldwide);
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving and offshore energy company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance, company car allowance.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a coffee place where you can connect with colleagues.
- Your team: Your daily work will be done as part of a project team.
- Where you will work: Office based in Papendrecht, The Netherlands, North East England UK, or optional based in one of our regional offices worldwide.
- Full/part-time job: The position of Project Manager Subsea Cables is a full time job.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Project Manager Subsea Cables. Please contact Emilie Stratenus, Recruiter via +31 6 11 38 02 35.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.