How you can make your mark
How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as a Boskalis Trainee Southeast Asia if you are eager to learn a lot and want to kick-start your career! During the Boskalis International traineeship you will do three assignments in 18 months and become part of our Dredging division. During the assignments you will gain extensive experience and have a lot of responsibility, while you team-up with more senior colleagues.
The opportunities are endless, as you get to work on various international and ‘one of a kind’ projects which often are the benchmark of the industry. You may be part of the tendering-, engineering- or operational phase of a dredging project like the development of land for the Pasay Reclamation Development Project in Manila Bay, Philippines.
During the tendering- and engineering phase you will act as a Trainee Engineer and translate client requirements to optimal economic proposals, technical designs and work methods. Naturally you will also make sure that the proposed solution is competitive, engineering is fit for purpose and that it is completed within the given timeframe.
During the operational phase of a project, you will work as a Trainee Superintendent and there is a good chance that you will be going abroad to work on a multidisciplinary project. Our fleet consists of around 650 vessels and pieces of machinery and in the operational phase you work closely with these assets.
Where you will work
Boskalis International trainees Southeast Asia are placed within our Dredging division and your home office will be one our offices in the region. While you work on a dredging project you will work on a location abroad for six weeks at a stretch after which you will have four weeks of leave, these assignments can be anywhere in the world. In between your work assignment you will take part in learning weeks, which will all take place in the Netherlands.
Before, in between and after the work assignments there is a lot of room to work on your personal development as you will work with top notch coaches and mentors. The program is packed with personal development courses, safety courses and specific Dredging courses. Together with your fellow trainees and coaches you will set personal development goals and work on them during and in between the assignments.
This is what you need to make your mark as a Trainee:
- A fully completed higher vocational education (bachelor) or university (master) degree in civil engineering, hydraulic engineering, mechanical engineering, marine engineering, offshore & dredging engineering, land and water management, structural engineering, marine engineering, geotechnical engineering or industrial engineering & management
- Full-time availability and obtained your diploma as of the first of September 2023.
- A good command of written and spoken English
- Willingness to work abroad
- This vacancy is open for people applying from Southeast Asia / for people who are eligible to work within Southeast Asia.
What you can expect
- Boskalis Traineeship: Lots of impact on megatrends and lots of growth opportunities. That’s what the Boskalis Traineeship is all about. The Traineeship lasts a total of 18 months during which you will complete three different challenging international assignments, tailored to your study and background.
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more including company health insurance, foreign posting terms.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Please apply online before Monday March 6th 11.00 AM CEST to make sure you are considered for this great opportunity. Please send your CV and personal motivation in which you indicate the following: What makes you apply for Boskalis? What makes you apply for the Boskalis Traineeship instead of a regular starter position?
- The Boskalis International Traineeship Southeast Asia residents is coordinated from one of our offices in the region; your training weeks will take place in our head office in The Netherlands. Work assignments can be anywhere in the world.
- As of March 9, you will be informed if you made it through the next phase. In the next phase you will be challenged with an online cognitive assessment and game-based assessment. This will determine if you also proceed to the next steps (interview and final selection days).
- The online test and the game-based assessment will take place between March 10 and March 20. You can take these tests during that week at a time of your choice.
- The (online) interviews will take place between April 6th and April 21st.
- In May the Boskalis Selection Event will take place. We will communicate the exact dates and location in advance
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Want to know more?
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the Boskalis Traineeship. Please contact Luke Zacharias, Campus Recruiter by calling or sending a WhatsApp to the Traineeship Telephone at +31651869377