How you can make your mark
How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as a Boskalis graduate project engineer if you are eager to learn a lot and want to kick-start your career! During the Boskalis International graduate scheme you will do three assignments in 18 months and become part of our Offshore Energy Division (Subsea Services) within Aberdeen. During the assignments you will gain extensive experience and have a lot of responsibility, while you team-up with more senior colleagues.
Starting and developing your career within Boskalis Subsea Services you will have the opportunity to work on ‘one of a kind’ projects. This may be an emergency leak investigation campaign where you are required to successfully locate multiple leaks subsea and then go on to engineer long term solution within a dynamic project team. On another assignment you may be doing the preparatory work in the office for a large decommissioning scope that involves cutting and removing pipework from the seabed, as well as cutting the risers on an FPSO (floating production storage and offloading vessel). You will then be given the opportunity to go offshore and see firsthand the project being delivered in a highly dynamic and exciting environment.
In between the work assignments you will take part in the personal and professional development program in our head office in the Netherlands.
Where you will work
Boskalis graduates from the UK are part of Boskalis Offshore Energy Division and work within our Subsea Services office in Aberdeen. You may spend longer consecutive periods offshore on our vessels.
Before, in between and after the work assignments there is a lot of room to work on your personal development as you will work with top notch coaches and mentors. The program is packed with personal development courses, safety courses and specific Offshore Energy courses. Together with your fellow trainees and coaches you will set personal development goals and work on them during and in between the assignments. You will build a strong international network in a short period of time.
This is what you need to make your mark as a Trainee:
- Degree qualified in an engineering related discipline
- Recently graduated (with 0 to 2 years of relevant work experience)
- Be available full-time as of the 1st of September 2023, having obtained your BSc/MSc degree
- Willing to spend extended periods abroad or onboard of a vessel
- A good command of written and spoken English
What you can expect
- Boskalis Traineeship: Lots of impact on megatrends and lots of growth opportunities. That’s what the Boskalis Traineeship is all about. The Traineeship lasts a total of 18 months during which you will complete three different challenging international assignments, tailored to your study and background.
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Reward: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive a holiday entitlement of 34 days, a contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance and death in service.
- The Aberdeen office: Your location will be our office in Aberdeen and you have the option to work from home 2 days per week. Fixed office days are Tuesday and Thursday’s.
- Social Boskalis: Our Aberdeen office has a busy social calendar which lot of fun activities from family days to nights around town, pub quizzes and connecting with other professionals from all over the world.
- Please apply online before Monday March 6th 11.00 AM CEST to make sure you are considered for this great opportunity. Please send your CV and personal motivation in which you indicate the following: What makes you apply for Boskalis?
- If you are applying from the UK we have openings in our Offshore Energy track.
- The Boskalis International Traineeship UK residents is coordinated from our head office in Papendrecht and this is where your training weeks will take place. Your home office is located in Aberdeen.
- As of March 9, you will be informed if you made it through the next phase. In the next phase you will be challenged with an online cognitive assessment and game-based assessment. This will determine if you also proceed to the next steps (interview and final selection days).
- The online test and the game-based assessment will take place between March 10 and March 20. You can take these tests during that week at a time of your choice.
- The (online) interviews will take place between April 6 and April 21.
- On May 11th (in the late afternoon / evening) and May 12th *during the day) the Boskalis Selection Event will take place. Block the dates mentioned in your agenda, so you are surely available during these moments to participate in the selection moments.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Want to know more?
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the Boskalis Traineeship. Please contact our recruiter by calling or sending a WhatsApp message to the Traineeship Telephone at +31651869377 (country code +31)