How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as a Boskalis Fleet Trainee if you are open to new experiences, willing to learn a lot and don't shy away from taking responsibility. Boskalis’ fleet consists of more than 650 vessels & floating equipment and represents our main capital asset. As a trainee in Fleet Management, you can be a part of our tendering, engineering or operational teams. Here, you’ll be working on Offshore Energy or Dredging projects all over the world, as well as in Central Fleet Support in The Netherlands or from our headquarters in Papendrecht. Ready for an international challenge? The Boskalis Fleet Management traineeship might be just the right place to kick-start your career!
What you will be doing
Over the course of 18 months, you will work on 2-3 different assignments where you will assist Senior Engineers or Technical Superintendents, while taking responsibility for the tasks at hand and meeting your deadlines. You will be expected to increase your knowledge and skills through active engagement with your colleagues and managers in various stages of diverse projects. Together we will shape the direction your career could take, paying attention to the areas in which you want to develop your skills and knowledge within the scope of your assignments.
You will, together with your colleagues, supervise and manage project work, ensuring high-quality, on-time delivery. In this operational phase, you will be dealing with a range of vessels and other equipment from our huge fleet. In some roles there is a good chance you will start on a multidisciplinary project where you will be guiding the vessels, arranging all logistics and technical work ashore. Budgeting and helping with the repairs might also be a part of your role. The location of your work can be anywhere in the world, depending on the projects to which you are assigned.
What you will be learning
Next to learning on the job, we offer an extensive personal development program in between your assignments. You will be able to set personal development goals as well as follow training courses where you can work on your leadership style, communication, and stakeholder management. Next to personal and leadership development we find it important to give you the opportunity to become a better professional too: specific training in your areas of expertise will be added to the program (examples: heavy lift modules; fluid mechanics and pumping technology; and much more). External trainers and coaches and a Boskalis mentor are there to help you in your development.
Where you will work
As a Trainee you will be exposed to assignments in both our Offshore Energy and Dredging departments. When you are committed to an Offshore Energy project, you may prepare at the office for repair, conversions and mobilizations and execute on site at a repair yard and/or onboard of the vessel which can be international or national. During a Dredging project, you will work on location for six weeks at a stretch, followed by four weeks leave.
This is what you need to make your mark as a Fleet Trainee:
- Fully completed higher education (bachelor/master) in mechanical-, marine-, or electrical engineering, nautical sciences, naval architecture or similar
- Recently graduated graduating no later than September 2023
- Full time availability starting September, 2023
- Entitled to work in the Netherlands for at least the duration of the traineeship
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Willingness to work abroad.
What you can expect
Boskalis Traineeship: Lots of impact on megatrends and lots of growth opportunities. That’s what the Boskalis Traineeship is all about. The Traineeship lasts a total of 18 months during which you will complete three different challenging international assignments, tailored to your study and background.
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance and foreign posting terms.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Apply online via www.careers.boskalis.com to make sure you are considered for this great opportunity. Please send your CV with a personal motivation letter in which you indicate the following: What makes you apply for Boskalis? Why did you apply for the Boskalis Traineeship instead of a regular job?
- The traineeship program will start September 2023.
- The next steps of the procedure consist of an interview with the Recruiter and a online cognitive assessment / game-based assessment. This will determine if you also proceed to the final steps of the procedure: the interviews.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Want to know more?
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the Boskalis Traineeship. Please contact Thijs Wanders, by calling or apping +31650185259