How you can make your mark
How you can make your mark
How would you like to spend the next 18 months working for Boskalis as a Trainee Project Controller on three different assignments for our Inland infra, Dredging and Offshore Energy department? Are you the curious type, eager to learn a lot, and passionate about your work? The Boskalis financial traineeship might be just the place to kick-start your career!
What you will be doing
You will be part of the project team for a Dredging, Inland Infra or Offshore Energy project team, and this often means working in challenging conditions. The projects you work on will vary in size, complexity, and duration and your workplace will depend on the project itself. For example: as a Trainee Project Controlling your first assignment might be working for one of our unique, offshore energy projects from our Papendrecht office. Your next assignment could be for the development of one of our biggest projects ever in The Philippines, a place where you would work on location for six weeks at a stretch after which you get four weeks leave. A typical third assignment might be on Dutch soil where you will work for the Marker Wadden project.
Working in Project Controlling gives you the opportunity to get involved in Dredging, Inland Infra and Offshore Energy projects within Boskalis, which means you can get acquainted with the entire Boskalis organization – a kick-start for your career within our company.
Working within the Dredging division will imply one or more international assignments in various countries around the world. An assignment will cover a period of 6 months, in which you will be working on a rotation scheme within the finance department of the project.
Inland Infra (Boskalis Nederland)
In your assignment within Boskalis Nederland you will be on Dutch soil for a period of 6 months, where you will work on a project location in a regular working scheme. You will join the project team as a Finance Trainee and contribute to all Project Controlling activities involved.
In the division Offshore Energy, you will be working from our office in Papendrecht on offshore energy projects for a period of 6 months. You will be part of a multidisciplinary project team and working in close collaboration with a Senior Project Controller and other members of the project team. The execution of the offshore energy projects is in different countries in the world. This gives you the possibility to travel to the project site office in the world.
During your assignments you will get acquainted with the Way of Working within Boskalis, work in a dynamic and challenging environment and operate in a project team that contributes to our impressive projects. These assignments will be the ultimate preparation into your development as a Project Controller.
What you will be learning
Next to learning on the job during your assignments, we offer an extensive personal development program in between your assignments. You will be able to set personal development goals as well as follow training and courses where you can work on your leadership style, communication, and stakeholder management. Next to personal and leadership development we find it important to give you the opportunity to become a better professional: specific, mainly internal, finance courses are added to the program (for example how to deal with international taxation and hedging of foreign currencies). You will get introduced to various departments like treasury, insurance, group reporting and others. On top of that you will visit specific company locations, like projects of the various disciplines you are not assigned to, yards where ships are docked, or sites where our equipment is stored and maintained. External trainers and coaches and a Boskalis mentor are there to guide you.
Your responsibility as Trainee Project Controller is to assist the Project Manager on all financial matters within a project. This means that you:
- will be responsible for project administration, site office management, and the overall financial reporting.
- will be involved in tax, treasury, insurance and contractual matters.
- will interpret the story behind the figures, utilizing your insights and analytical skills to ensure that the right decisions are being made.
This is what you need to make your mark as a Trainee Project Controller:
- Fully completed higher education (Bachelor or Master) in Finance & Control, Financial Accounting, (International) Business Administration, or alike.
- Graduated by September 2023 latest.
- Pro-active, flexible, good in building relationships, taking ownership, eager to learn and quickly understand the bigger picture.
- Full time availability starting September 25, 2023 – if you wish to start sooner we can discuss this, but we cannot guarantee this.
- Entitled to work in the Netherlands for at least the duration of the traineeship.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- Willingness to work abroad for at least the duration of the traineeship.
What you can expect
Boskalis Traineeship: Lots of impact on megatrends and lots of growth opportunities. That’s what the Boskalis Traineeship is all about. The Traineeship lasts a total of 18 months during which you will complete three different challenging (international) assignments, tailored to your study and background.
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement, a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance and foreign posting terms.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Want to know more?
Apply online via www.careers.boskalis.com to make sure you are considered for this great opportunity. Please send your CV with a personal motivation letter in which you indicate the following: What makes you apply for Boskalis? Why did you apply for the Boskalis Traineeship instead of a regular job?
The traineeship program will start September 25, 2023.
The next steps of the procedure consist of an online cognitive assessment and game-based assessment. This will determine if you also proceed to the final steps of the procedure: the interviews.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the Boskalis Traineeship. Please contact our campus team by calling or sending a WhatsApp to the Traineeship Telephone at +31651869371