How you can make your mark
As a mobilization superintendent you make your mark in being the responsible coordinator for (de)mobilizations of equipment and vessels within Boskalis. You fully organize the logistics side of our worldwide offshore projects. You manage the logistics process from start to finish and know how to translate technical drawings into logistics needs. Your responsibilities include organizing transports, renting and purchasing materials, and ensuring that all customs matters, contracts and insurance are in order. In short, as mobilization superintendent you take the logistical lead of our projects.
- Preparing and executing the shipments or outfitting plan for the designated (large)equipment, vessels for projects and sites.
- Coordinate the tendering of all shipments back and forth including contract management.
- Ensuring shipments are sent in compliance with local customs demands, processes, procedures and company guidelines.
- Regular reporting your activities and progress of the work to the stakeholders.
- Manage and coordinate the design and engineering, fabrication and installation of sea fastening for vessel outfitting/mobilization.
- Maintaining and sharing accurate and up-to-date knowledge with regards to developments in the (internal) market; rates of shipping companies, carriers, brokerage, (port)agents, etc..
Your qualities and experience
You can move ahead as a mobilization superintendent if you have:
- A bachelor degree in logistics management.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with (international) customs processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of offshore equipment and logistical loading/outfitting procedures for all types of offshore vessels.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in a logistical / supply chain environment.
- Good command of English, written and spoken.
- Team player, problem solver, resilient, good communication skills and taking initiative.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a coffee place where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis!. Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: You will be part of the Mobilization Department which exists of approximately 15 professionals. You will report to the Mobilization Manager.
- Where you will work: You will be based in the head office in Papendrecht. You are willing to travel abroad for 10-20% of the time to visit projects or vessels.
- Full/part-time job: The position is a fulltime job (40 hours a week).
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
Want to know more?
We’ll be happy to answer your questions about the position of mobilization superintendent. Please contact Robert Smits, senior corporate recruiter at +31786968398.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.