How you can make your mark
Make your mark as assistant electrician at Boskalis by maintaining the electrical equipment and automation systems on board of our vessels. As assistant electrician you can start your electrical career and will be trained and guided by electricians and electronic engineers. You will be part of the team making sure our fleet is in optimal condition and maintained up to standard. The job as assistant electrician is based on our ships. Our fleet, consisting of around +600 vessels and pieces of machinery constitutes Boskalis’ real capital. The ships are deployed throughout the world (primarily in the international arena). Planning for the ships and crews takes place at the head office in Papendrecht. The fleet complies with the strict international ISM Code.
Your responsibilities as Assistant Electrician
- Assisting with carrying out repairs and maintenance work on the electrical & instrumentation systems on board.
- Preparing installation of electrical equipment on board.
- Commissioning and testing of electrical equipment / installations on board.
- Execution of planned and unplanned maintenance of e&i equipment.
Your qualities and experience
You can move ahead as Assistant Electrician if you have:
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience as (assistant) electrician.
- Intermediate vocational education (mbo) level of electric / electronics / control systems.
- Basic knowledge of PLC & SCADA systems .
- All necessary professional courses (or willing to obtain) , such as Fire Fighting, Survival at Sea, First Aid, etc.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- No objections to travel (within Europe, Middle East, Far East) on a fairly regular basis.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, collective schemes such as company health insurance,
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- Your team: you will work in various teams around the world.
- Full/part-time job: The position of assistant electrician is a full-time job.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Dredging is one of our traditional core activities. Boskalis is famous for projects like the expansion of the Suez Canal and the extension of the Maasvlakte at the Port of Rotterdam. Creation of new nature areas like the Markerwadden is something we contribute to. Combining our state-of-the-art fleet, equipment and incredible manpower, we’re able to achieve projects that no one believed were even possible.
Want to know more?
We’ll be happy to answer your questions about the position of assistant electrician.
Please contact Sandra Hofstede, senior corporate recruiter via phone +31 646042957.
Interested? Please apply before April 1st .
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.