How you can make your mark
Make your mark as electrician at Boskalis! As electrician you are part of the team making sure our fleet is in optimal condition and maintained up to standard. The job as electrician is based on our ships. Our fleet, consisting of around +600 vessels and pieces of machinery constitutes Boskalis’ real capital. The ships are deployed throughout the world (primarily in the international arena). Planning for the ships and crews takes place at the head office in Papendrecht. The fleet complies with the strict international ISM Code.
You will be responsible for carrying out repairs and maintenance work on the electrical & instrumentation systems and nautical instruments on board, or for having others do so. You will schedule repairs and enter all work carried out in Maximo (maintenance planning system). You ensure that all electrical & instrumentation systems and nautical instruments on the assigned equipment are operational and contribute to an optimal production process. In the position of electrician you will report to the chief engineer and the e&i fleet engineer.
An example of a project you could work on is installing a water pump with associated control box that must be able to be controlled remotely.
Your responsibilities as Electrician
- Ensure that acute technical problems on board are solved and carry out corrective maintenance activities with respect to the electrical & instrumentation systems and machines.
- Ensure that the necessary work is carried out in accordance with the applicable regulations in the fields of safety, health and the environment (in accordance with, inter alia, the International Safety Management code).
- Within the specified frameworks of the Boskalis policy, take initiatives with respect to the relevant equipment (for instance, suggest improvements to the chief Engineer or the e&i fleet engineer).
- Technical and administrative management of the electrical & instrumentation systems, and keep an inventory of and optimise the stock of spare parts.
- Responsible for keeping and updating all technical documents and drawings with respect to the electrical & instrumentation systems and nautical instruments on board.
Your qualities and experience
You can move ahead as electrician if you have:
- At least 5 years relevant work experience as an electrician.
- Intermediate vocational education (mbo) level of electric/ electronics / control systems.
- Proven knowledge of PLC , SCADA and belonging network systems
- All necessary professional courses, such as Fire Fighting, Survival at Sea, First Aid, etc.
- Knowledge of the dredging or stone-dumping process and dredging instruments
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- No objections to travel (within Europe, Middle East, Far East) on a fairly regular basis.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, collective schemes such as company health insurance
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- Your team: you will work in various teams around the world.
- Full/part-time job: The position of electrician is a full-time job (40 hrs).
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Dredging is one of our traditional core activities. Boskalis is famous for projects like the expansion of the Suez Canal and the extension of the Maasvlakte at the Port of Rotterdam. Creation of new nature areas like the Markerwadden is something we contribute to. Combining our state-of-the-art fleet, equipment and incredible manpower, we’re able to achieve projects that no one believed were even possible.
Want to know more?
We’ll be happy to answer your questions about the position of electrician.
Please contact Sandra Hofstede, senior corporate recruiter via phone +31 646042957.
Interested? Please apply before April 1st .
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.