How you can make your mark
The Offshore Heavy Lifting business unit of Boskalis is active in both the offshore wind and in the oil and gas installation and decommissioning markets. With a focus on offshore wind we solve challenges in planning and installation of offshore wind farms related to their harsh environmental conditions, heterogeneous soil profiles and scheduling risks. At Boskalis we want to be a partner our clients can rely on. Rely on our expertise, experience and commitment to execute operations safely, on time and within budget.
How you can make your mark
You will contribute to the tender, preparation and execution phases of our projects. You have a key role in coordinating works related to engineering preparations on the project to ensure that quality will be delivered.
Typical projects are done by Bokalift 1 and Bokalift 2, our self-propelled crane vessel, including a 3,000 and 4000 ton revolving cranes. Our vessels are used for: installing jackets and monopiles for offshore wind turbines, decommissioning of obsolete oil and gas platforms and transport and installation of new-build oil and gas production platforms.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Project Engineer at Boskalis Offshore Heavy Lifting
- Reviewing project planning, detailed planning and working methods, so that the project can be realized efficiently and effectively in accordance with the contractual agreements (safety, quality, planning and budget);
- Bridge between internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the right working methods, employees and equipment are available when needed;
- Selection and leading sub-contractors;
- Identify and report deviations from the contract and take appropriate measures when needed.
You can make your mark as a Senior Project Engineer if you have
- At least 6 years of working experience in a project environment involving transportation and installation of bottom foundation structures offshore;
- As a minimum a bachelor’s degree in a technical field, preferably mechanical, maritime or civil engineering, offshore engineering master’s degree preferred;
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with similar works, with experience as a discipline engineer;
- Willing to travel for the purpose of the project. Depending on the project this may be on an adhoc basis or on a rotation scheme to project locations abroad;
- A good command of written and spoken English;
- A positive attitude, are dependable and responsible;
- Willingness to share your knowledge and train junior colleagues.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a coffee place where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis!. Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: You will work as a Senior Project Engineer in the business unit Offshore Heavy Lifting. In multidisciplinary teams of 10 to 20 professionals you will work on the preparation, coordination and execution of decommissioning- and installation works.
- Where you will work: You will be working at the Boskalis Campus Papendrecht or abroad on a project basis.
- Full/part-time job: The position of Senior Project Engineer is a fulltime job - 40hrs a week.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Senior Project Engineer - Offshore Heavy Lifting. Please contact Emilie Stratenus, Recruiter via +31 6 11380235.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your motivation letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.