How you can make your mark
Make your mark as Equipment Engineer for the Boskalis Offshore Energy Subsea Tools division. The Equipment Engineer is responsible to develop and maintain the best in class burial operations - execution methods including the selection of fit-for-purpose tools. One of your tasks is creating transparency in the performance of the burial operations leading to the most safe, effective and efficient execution.
Your responsibilities as Equipment Engineer:
- Continuously look for safety and production improvement possibilities on our trenching tools.
- Draft concepts for tool modifications and improvements.
- Lead workshops and brainstorm sessions with offshore crew and other departmental stakeholders.
- Lead and manage the engineering for tool modifactions and improvements.
- Update tools manuals and document packages after modifications.
- Contribute to FMECA sessions.
- Actively engage the offshore crew in finding and implementing tool modifications.
You can make your mark as an Equipment Engineer if you have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical discipline, preferably mechanical engineering / maritime or offshore engineering
- Minimum of 5 years operational experience in an offshore, maritime, oil and gas environment
- Experience with leading multidisciplinary (project) teams in design, engineering and installation.
- Able to use inventor or solid works for concept drafting.
- To show leadership and commitment to ensure a healthy and safe place of work and to prevent a negative impact on the environment by adhering to the relevant SHE-Q procedures.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in a fast growing offshore wind market, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non- contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a coffee place where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis!. Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race.
- Your team: You will be part of the Subsea Cable team of Boskalis Offshore Energy which exists of approximately 200 professionals. You report to the Manager Trenching and Subsea Tools.
- Where you will work:
- Where you will work: You will be based in our head office in Papendrecht, NL or Wynyard , UK (with regular visits to Papendrecht head office). In consultation with your manager and your team, you work partly at home and partly in the office.
- Full/part-time job: The position of Equipment Engineer is a fulltime (40 hours a week)
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
Want to know more?
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Equipment Engineer. Please contact Sinta de Gruijter, corporate recruiter via +316 50 18 53 56.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your motivation letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.