- Mid-Senior Level
- Dredging Survey
How you can make your mark
Boskalis is hiring experienced professionals. As survey party chief for Boskalis you will work on our international projects and Rock Dumping Vessels, Cable Laying Vessels and or Diving Support Vessels. The services and expertise of our surveyors play a vital role in the execution of our projects in both our Offshore Energy and Dredging & Inland Infra divisions. You can make your mark at Boskalis by leading a team of offline- and online surveyors.
Your responsibilities as survey party chief
On board of the vessel as a survey party chief you a responsible for the offline- and online Survey-team, which in general consists of 4 to 6 surveyors. You ensure that the online surveyors gather the data correctly and in time, for the offline surveyors to process the data and create deliverables. At the same time you closely monitor the agreements we’ve made with our client, while focusing on working safely. In the position as survey party chief you’re not only leading a team of surveyors, but you play also an important role in the process between the captain, your colleagues in project management and the client.
You can make your mark as survey party chief if you have:
- At least 5 years relevant experience as surveyor in the offshore industry.
- Extensive knowledge of the software package QINSy.
- Experience in CAD software and i.a. DGPS, motion sensor, acoustic underwater positioning, initial navigation and multibeam systems.
- An eye for detail.
- Experience with managing a team and you communicate easily with the client.
- An EU passport.
- A good command of English language, verbal and written.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance, leased or shared car, foreign posting terms.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: In the role of survey party chief you will work in one of our professional teams on a project. You will report to the operations manager.
- Where you will work: In the position as survey party chief you’ll work in a 4-week rotation schedule (beside in Europe and outside Europe, there a 6-week schedule is the standard) on board of one of our Rock Dumping Vessels, Cable Laying Vessels or Diving Support Vessels.
- Full/part-time job: The position of survey party chief is a fulltime job.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Dredging is one of our traditional core activities. Boskalis is famous for projects like the expansion of the Suez Canal and the extension of the Maasvlakte at the Port of Rotterdam. Creation of new nature areas like the Markerwadden is something we contribute to. Combining our state-of-the-art fleet, equipment and incredible manpower, we’re able to achieve projects that no one believed were even possible.
Want to know more?
Want to know more?
We’ll be happy to answer your questions about the position of survey party chief. Please contact Sandra Hofstede, senior corporate recruiter via +78 6969973.
Interested? Please apply before 15 November.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.