How you can make your mark
As naval architect, you will make your mark working on our new designs, a new variety of vessels. You will be proactive in solutions for our internal clients. The design of a Boskalis vessel like a dredging-, cable lay-, offshore construction- or semi sub cargo vessel, is a highly complex matter. With your specialized knowledge of concept and basic design, you relish the diverse nature of our (future) fleet. You are a quick learner, willing and able to understand new complex vessels and their operational demands. Complexity is a fun challenge, not a hindrance for you. Your excellent soft skills are important to understand the needs of our internal client, as well as getting the best out of the many specialists in your team. You are creative in thinking about innovative designs for the total, future-proof, scope of the Boskalis areas. You enjoy working with various specialists to accomplish this goal in a national and international working environment.
Your responsibilities as naval architect
- You analyze customer demand and develop a concept design, draw up the associated budget and specifications and recruit subcontractors and suppliers.
- During construction phase, you will oversee: the construction and commissioning of the systems and act as the point of contact for internal and external parties.
- You manage all parties involved and monitor aspects such as time, quality & budget so that realization, commissioning and aftercare are guaranteed.
- After delivery of a project, you draw up an evaluation report in which you assess all internal and external parties involved.
Your qualities and experience
You can make your mark as naval architect if you have:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Naval Architecture.
- Proven experience in the design and calculations of vessels.
- At least 10 years’ work experience.
- Knowledge of the rules of various classification societies.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language.
- Experience in the design of machinery- and electrical systems (power generation as well as drive systems) will be highly appreciated.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, and a leased car.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: You will become part of the Business Unit for Central Fleet Support which offers technical support to the three Boskalis divisions; Dredging & Inland Infrastructure, Offshore Energy and Salvage. You work in a core team of around 25 colleagues and you make an important contribution to the design and development of Dredging, Offshore and Salvage equipment or components thereof.
- Where you will work: For office-based roles, in consultation with your manager and your team, you work partly at home and partly in the office.
- Full/part-time job: The position of naval architect is a full-time job (40 hours a week).
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
We’ll be happy to answer your questions about the position of naval architect. Please contact Robert Smits, senior corporate recruiter via 0031 6 500 841 28.
Interested? Please apply by uploading your motivation and resume.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.